• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any Gigastudio users have this bug?

Share/Bookmark

Any Gigastudio users have this bug?

When I first boot-up and launch Gigastudio, a performance with 102 patches loads. The last 20 patches or so take incredibly long to load and when playing any patch, a glitch occurs every 2 minutes (a crack or pop in the sound). But when I reset Gigastudio and reload the same performance all the patches load quickly and the glitch is gone and does not return.

I have spoken in length with Kevin at Nemesys and he says 3 people have reported this and none of us have the same sound card, motherboard or CPU, so we can rule those out. I am using Win98 and wonder if that may be the problem.

Anyway it is a serious bug and time-consuming to have to reload the performance each time I boot-up.

Thanks,

Jerry Gerber http://www.jerrygerber.com

Re: Any Gigastudio users have this bug?

Whoa, that sounds pretty damn weird man. I\'d ask Nemesys for a full new version of Gigastudio.
    Did this problem happen when you launched Gigastudio for the first time?
    Does it actually load 120 sounds in immediately when you open up Gigastudio? If so, what kinds of sounds are loading into it?
    I definitely don\'t think it\'s Win98, cause I use that and everything works fine. Sounds to me like you got a bad version of Gigastudio. If it takes the tech guys a long time to get back to you, I would ask for another version.
    [This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-13-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    Whoa, that sounds pretty damn weird man. I\'d ask Nemesys for a full new version of Gigastudio.
    Did this problem happen when you launched Gigastudio for the first time?

No, the problem didn\'t start occuring until after I got a new library which increased the size of the performance from around 74 patches to 102. I am relatively certain it has something to do with the performance size being large. There may be memory that somehow Gigastudio is not freeing up to use correctly.

Does it actually load 120 sounds in immediately when you open up Gigastudio?

Yes, because I created the default file. But even if you launch Gigastudio and load the performance manually, the same problem occurs. Again, if I reset the software and reload, the problem is gone.

If so, what kinds of sounds are loading into it?

74 sounds are from the Miroslav Vitous String Ensemble library and the remaining 28 sounds are from the Dan Dean Solo String library.

I definitely don\'t think it\'s Win98, cause I use that and everything works fine. Sounds to me like you got a bad version of Gigastudio. I

I don\'t think it is a bad version. I think it is a bug that most people don\'t notice until the performance bank gets large. I could be wrong though.

f it takes the tech guys a long time to get back to you, I would ask for another version.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the problem didn\'t start occuring until after I got a new library which increased the size of the performance from around 74 patches to 102. I am relatively certain it has something to do with the performance size being large. There may be memory that somehow Gigastudio is not freeing up to use correctly.

Yes, because I created the default file. But even if you launch Gigastudio and load the performance manually, the same problem occurs. Again, if I reset the software and reload, the problem is gone.

74 sounds are from the Miroslav Vitous String Ensemble library and the remaining 28 sounds are from the Dan Dean Solo String library.

I don\'t think it is a bad version. I think it is a bug that most people don\'t notice until the performance bank gets large. I could be wrong though.

Jerry Gerber

Could this have anything to do with Gigastudio converting files from V1.0 to V2.0?

Have you downloaded the new version of Gst. Version 2.01.26.?
    [This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-14-2000).]

I am running the latest version of Gigastudio 96, ver 2.01.026.

I don\'t know if it has anything to do with file conversion from 1.0 to 2.0.

I hope this gets resolved soon.

Jerry Gerber

Go Back to forum