• Register
  • Help

Topic: A.M. Grétry, La Rosière Républicaine, danse 1

Share/Bookmark

A.M. Grétry, La Rosière Républicaine, danse 1

This little piece has been taken from the opera "La Rosière Républicaine" (1794), which also contains a ballet suite. The opera was written by the Belgian composer André Modest Grétry (1741-1813), fairly unknown, but at his time admired by Mozart himself.
    There are not so many recordings nor performances of his works and therefore, I wanted to record and edit the entire ballet suite. This is the first danse. Enjoy the listen!

I. Danse Légère

Max

Re: A.M. Grétry, La Rosière Républicaine, danse 1

Max, this is great. How did you do this? I have the score and from the notes I couldn't see how wonderful this would be. Knowing that both of us have some VSL libraries, thus knowing the difficulties with the articulation settings, you performed a very pleasant and sublime rendering. Curious about the next 22 pages......

Your friend,

Raymond

A very charming work! I liked your interpretation as well.

How beautiful! How beautifully done Max. Too short, I could have listened for hours, so crisp, clear, just great!
    Thanks, and please hurry with the rest... Off to listen once more...

Ted

Excellent render! Looking forward to see what you do with the Danse Générale. It's a favorite of mine.

Thanks to all of you for passing by and taking the time to listen. This 'forgotten' music deserves better. The light Mozart style brings us back to an era of uncomplicated enjoyable music. But that doesn't make it any easier to translate it into samples. Every single note has an audible meaning. The thing is, to make an acceptable interpretation in a simple way, without overdoing it.
    A special thanks to Raymond, who found the score in the The Hague Library (Netherlands). I only had the entire original opera manuscript, but without the ballet suite.

See you back with the next dance (II. Gavotte Gracieuse)

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    A special thanks to Raymond, who found the score in the The Hague Library (Netherlands). I only had the entire original opera manuscript, but without the ballet suite. Max
    A fruitful co-operation between two countries. Huray for the Europeans!!!

Raymond

Go Back to forum