• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What Next?

Share/Bookmark

What Next?

We are about to embark on our next DC Gigasample offering and wanted to get your opinions on which of the following you\'d be most interested in:

1)Fender Strat & Exotic Percussion- 24bit,44.1khz versions of both of these volumes, along with some new percussion and guitar chords and strums.

2)Good basic drum set

3)Solid basic Electric Bass- including picked, fingered, pulled, slapped and funk sticks.

4)Stomp/Peter Gabriel style samples of non-instruments being used as instruments. Musically useful sounds like garbage cans, steel striking anvils, creepy bows pulled across bizarre things. wacked out grand piano samples. Also a good set for pads and scoring.

Thanks in advance for helping shape our next offering!

Re: What Next?

I\'m up for Stomp. I can always use more musical SFX.

Yeah, I vote for the stomp stuff too. It really sounds like the most interesting, everything else has been done in plenty flavors. Stay particularly away from the bass stuff, it would be really hard to compete with Scarbee\'s very excellent library!

I don\'t know... I kind of like the idea of a good general drumkit... I\'ve been unimpressed with a lot of the ones I have heard.

Sonic Implants already released some stomp/BlueMan Group stuff.

Your list honestly feels like the same ol\' stuff.

How about rounding out the World Instruments department? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sonic Implants already released some stomp/BlueMan Group stuff.

Your list honestly feels like the same ol\' stuff.

How about rounding out the World Instruments department? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Non-Looped based, single hits, just a few licks for impossible melodic lines,

Or

How about electric violin, or eletric banjo or electric flute...something different. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

From what I can tell on their site, they made one multisampled percussion set by walking their musicians into a garage and letting them loose. That certainly doesn\'t sound to me like they have the market cornered. If there\'s a full CD-ROM, please point me to it because I didn\'t see it there.

I\'ve used a lot of sampled, non-standard things for music and soundtrack work in the past. I\'m pretty confident the ideas I have will be pretty unique.

Well, you\'re right about that. It isn\'t a full library of Stomp-type stuff. Actually when I load it in, it\'s more or less set up like standard midi drums but with stomp percussion. Big plastic trash can being hit on the bottom in place of the kick drum, metal things being hit in lace of cymbls, etc.

I\'m sorry if I came off too strong. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I guess, I\'m just ready for something not orchetral, not another drum or electric bass library, not another piano, not another brass library (all fine and good)...but there\'s gotta to be more out there to sample.

If you decide to go the route of the stomp stuff, I hope you can tweak some of the natural hits (like spectrasonics does) do give a more complete library of zany sounds. I always love how Xsamples did their Volume 10 percussion disc including prepared piano, metal bowls with water, reversed drum kits, etc.

How about a sampled car? There\'s got to be tons of sounds you get out of a car.

Anyway, good luck. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

guitar strums!! chords, of all kinds. up and down strokes. clean non eq\'d samples. and if you\'re up for it, dirty (processed) versions of each as well. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Munsie - do you use Acid?

Go Back to forum