• Register
  • Help

Topic: QLSO Strings

Share/Bookmark

QLSO Strings

Ok, so I\'ve heard a million \"big action\" and fanfaric type pieces by people using QLSO (that sound great by the way), but I took a crack at softer, more lush tones with the strings. I remember talking to Nick Pheonix if certain patches were available for softer approaches, but seems they aren\'t out yet. I did this when I got home from work today.

Method used:
    3 Tracks (18 Violins, 10 Cellos, 9 Double Basses)
    1 Articulation for each (Exp on all three)

It may sound a little odd on the attacks in certain places, but I focused more on the composition than making it sound perfect. For the most part, I think the attacks line up fairly well for the piece. I seriously believe that QLSO\'s strings are very very capable of sounding every bit as good as VSL\'s. Although, that is still only my opinion. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

QLSO String Piece (55 seconds)

http://www.bsu.edu/web/jlhudson/orch.mp3

Jared Hudson

P.S. For anybody guessing, I used Yoko Kanno as a big influence on writing this short piece. If anyone has seen the anime series Escaflowne, this is damn near it.

Re: QLSO Strings

Those strings sound lush.

Very Nice... Jared... do you have several string liberaries? If you do I would LOVE to hear that exact same peice with them. GOS, SI, VSL.. whatever you have...

It would be a huge help!

yep, Those sound good. silver or gold? I know you\'re on a budget so I\'m ruling out Plat right? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    A very nice simple example. If they\'re silver my order goes in tomorrow.

Thanks J

cb

Originally posted by christianb:
    yep, Those sound good. silver or gold? I know you\'re on a budget so I\'m ruling out Plat right? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    A very nice simple example. If they\'re silver my order goes in tomorrow.

Thanks J

cb
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Sorry to mention that. These strings are from EWQLSO Gold. Also, may I mention I used some Lexicon Pantheon reverb from Sonar 3 Producer. It was on \"Hall\" and mixed at 50%. The difference between the raw sound, and the reverbed it very little, but the Lexicon smoothed the edges of the attacks slightly. And remember, in this piece on one articulation was used for each string section. 3 MIDI Tracks total! That\'s it! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Jared

WOW Jared,
    That´s beatifull! I like the sound! and only 3 MIDI tracks? thats great!

I was thinking of doing a Silver Edition demo like this, cause I think it\'s capable as well... Could I post it here when it\'s done? One thing I\'ve recently discovered in my Silver Lib. is a Gold sustain patch! I think for the 11 Violins section. Perhaps I\'ll include that in the demo?

No violas [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] ?!?!

sounds great Jared.

I don\'t know what I can\'t edit my first post, but here\'s the final update. I really tried to bring out emotion with the strings, as well as piano, which I decided to play myself. It was too big of a pain to sequence it. Thanks for the previous comments by the way. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Final Version (1:40)

Return to Fanelia
    http://www.hudsonstudios.net/Jared%20Hudson%20-%20Return%20to%20Fanelia.mp3

[i]Alternate Link/i]
    http://www.bsu.edu/web/jlhudson/Jared%20Hudson%20-%20Return%20to%20Fanelia.mp3

ENJOY! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jared Hudson

Go Back to forum