• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pantheon reverb? Thoughts on GigaPulse?

Share/Bookmark

Pantheon reverb? Thoughts on GigaPulse?

Has anyone tried out Sonar 3\'s Pantheon reverb yet? How is it? What is everyone\'s thoughts on Giga3\'s new GigaPulse? Do you think it will provide a highly realistic reverb as well as convincing stage positioning for each instrument/ensemble? I\'m still using Giga2.5\'s NFX reverb combined with DSP panning for stage positioning, but I haven\'t heard any complaints about my sound, so I\'m still using it. I suppose if the Lexicon Pantheon reverb included with Sonar 3 is really spectacular, I\'ll switch.

Re: Pantheon reverb? Thoughts on GigaPulse?

hey now, I\'ve complained about your sound a few times [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Gigapulse WILLL be som much better than NFX and DSP. I\'ve talked to people that have heard what it can do, and say its pretty fantastic.

and everyone I know thats used the pantheon verb LOVES it.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    hey now, I\'ve complained about your sound a few times [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Gigapulse WILLL be som much better than NFX and DSP. I\'ve talked to people that have heard what it can do, and say its pretty fantastic.

and everyone I know thats used the pantheon verb LOVES it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, you\'ve complained about my sound, but everyone knows you\'re picky as hell [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] But hey, you\'re the one who helped me set up this multi-DSP stage positioning thing w/ NFX, remember? But I remember it was kind of a holding a gun to your head type thing (i.e. \"if you HAD to use NFX, what would you do?\") because I had no other options.

But now I do have other options. So do you think GigaPulse will outshine Pantheon?

And to Pantheon users: what\'s the best or most efficient way to use it to achieve a real sense of space? I could still use DSP panning in Giga for left/center/right (I was told MIDI panning in Sonar is a bad idea), and then add a Pantheon FX to each MIDI track..right? Or is there a better way? (without having to buy any 3rd party tools)

Thanks!

Hi,

I use Sonar\'s Sonitus-FX on all of my scores..

Alan Russell

You\'re probably the only one using the NFX reverb. It gives you that special and unique kind of sound. I recognize it in all your demos.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    You\'re probably the only one using the NFX reverb. It gives you that special and unique kind of sound. I recognize it in all your demos.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks a lot for blowing my secret, Alex [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex, how exactly does it sound different from other pieces not done with NFX? King has said it sounds kind of ringy, but I can\'t discern it. Hmm.. time to go get my ears checked..

http://www.mda-vst.com/

There are some nice effects availible for downloading, if you want to have it via VST availible in your sequencer. E.g. a stereo image adjustment, that is supposed to work just like the Waves S1. You could do a comparison with the Giga one, but it\'s basically the same functionality and not just volume adjustment on one channel. It perhaps could save you a few bounces if you\'re mixing outside of Giga. And - it\'s free, no need to buy something!

Hansi

PS: I heard all panning that Thomas_J is using is MIDI panning - so could that be the key to a good sound? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by PolarBear:
    PS: I heard all panning that Thomas_J is using is MIDI panning - so could that be the key to a good sound? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well, in Thomas\' case the key to a good sound is knowing how to compose...

The Lexicon Pantheon reverb is quite nice. It is also very CPU friendly. Only uses a few percent of CPU.

The Pantheon is the absolute BEST reverb I\'ve ever used. I\'ve tried Gigastudio and the reverb in that SUCKS BIG time in comparison! I\'m just in love with that reverb.

I used to like the Ultrafunk reverb, but it doesn\'t even come close to Pantheon, in my opinion.

Go Back to forum