• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Can GOS do this? If not, can Opus 1?

Share/Bookmark

Can GOS do this? If not, can Opus 1?

Gotta love this quick string passage.. it sounds like maybe cellos with violas? I dunno, I have a hard time isolating instruments.

http://www.samhulick.com/QuickStrings.mp3

If someone knows how to do this with GOS, please let me know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If not... can Opus 1 do it?

Re: Can GOS do this? If not, can Opus 1?

I could do that in 5 minutes with EWQLSO. It\'s just a big cello section, well mic\'d with some distance and a bit too much reverb on top. I would think it would be obvious which library would be good at that. I guess not. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Always more demos.........

GOS could do it,

just down it in verb. they are pretty slow triplets (atleast it sounds like it to me)

I think the mix of that cue sounds pretty bad.... I mean where are the strings? Next door?

hmmm cant edit my post

I meant to say use the \"regular\" marcatos and drown it in verb.

VSL could pull it of with a good IR..

Don\'t know which cello articulations are in Opus.

Judging from demos tough, QLSO has that big section sound out of the box..

Don\'t think gos is fast enough for this....can\'t remember havent open it in ages.

There are basses doubled in octave as well in that piece.

What is it?

Alex

BUAHAHAH!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You people crack me up! Now I know for sure to take criticism on this forum with a grain of salt.. no wait, make that a chunk of salt. Like, golf ball size.

That\'s Lord of the Rings, Two Towers [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

ah no wonder.

I never liked the way the LotR sounded (tho I liekd the brass fanfares, and some of the choir work)

The strings are pretty slow, which is kinda why I thin GOS would pull it off well.

They\'re slow, but they\'re very smooth... I dunno. I\'ll have to play with it some time.

Nice one Sam.

Hare\'s Psychopathy Checklist. Available at all good newsagents.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Heath

P.S. I really like this forum, and the fact that it\'s gone completely cocka-doodle-doo in the last few weeks has only increased my fondness. But I think I\'m going to take a little break. I can feel my own sanity ebbing... away....

turn down the release times of the marcato short bows to make them \"suck\", but layer them with sustains, then balance the sound out.

or use Opus legato stuff with the sfz samples maybe, somethign with a \"round\" attack

Go Back to forum