• Register
  • Help

Topic: SOUND DEVELOPERS WELCOME!

Share/Bookmark

SOUND DEVELOPERS WELCOME!

http://www.tascambbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=22

Go baby go. I don\'t see anyone complaining about announcing or discussing new libraries here!

Freedom.

Peace.
    wz

Re: SOUND DEVELOPERS WELCOME!

Actually, it was set up to be a forum where sample library developers and end users can interact freely, and where developers can post new releases, demoes etc etc [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    much like this one used to be....

Franky
    Vintaudio Prod.
    www.vintaudio.com

Nothing is free in this world ... If you saw the potential of making some money while running a forum like this, I\'m sure you wouldn\'t hesitate. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thomas

Wow... your presuming you know me and my intentions, you read tarot cards too ? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I can understand the owners of the forum wanting to make money and it\'s their forum so i have nothing to say about it except like the man says move the traffic over to the Tascam forum where interactions between users and developers doesn\'t have a price tag attached to it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Franky
    Vintaudio Prod.

The issue is that this is not a forum based on total freedom, there are certain ground rules. Those rules include the ones pertaining to advertisement. Just as when you visit someone’s home, you show respect to that person by abiding by his rules. You do not enter someone’s house and start telling that person that his rules suck and that he must change them. You can criticize that person and point out the consequences of his rules, but it should be done in respect. A website such as this one is not different, there are certain rules, that have been here since the beginning. And those rules restrict freedom.
    What you want is a forum without restrictions pertaining to advertising, an independent non commercial forum. But who would be willing to invest his time in the maintenance of such a forum? Who would be willing to spend time without seeing anything in return, while developers make money with their free advertisements on YOUR forum?

As the forum moderators have said, blatant advertising will not be allowed, but then remains the question: how much room will there be for announcements? This is a murky area, and I suggest that there will be a new section devoted to announcements, since it is clear that not each developer is willing to pay for a banner since they don’t think it will benefit them.
    To which I want to add that I usually ignore banners, but certain interesting banners, like Garritan’s, DO arouse my interest, and I DO click on them to check them out.
    And I wonder what the arrangement for advertising is: does someone have to pay for, let’s say, showing his banner for one month, or does the developer have to pay for a certain number of clicks?

Go Back to forum