• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sample Library News forum?

Share/Bookmark

Sample Library News forum?

What if developers was allowed to annouce ONCE - like a news section in a magazine? Maybe there could be a special forum called \"Library news\" a forum with post that can\'t be replied to.

I would be great with a library database like this.

This would be true announcements - when the libraries was released.

The banner adds would be for real advertising - to keep the Developers \"In the spotlight\".

Thomas

--------------------
    Visit www.scarbee.com and check out the demoes from The Scarbee Sample Libraries

Re: Sample Library News forum?

Well, from a business perspective I would suggest a paid in advance \"post only\" sample annoucement forum. Where the developer pays somewhere around $6.00-$20.00 for the ability to post the ad.

I say this because I recently placed an ad in a popular classified ads forum. I had no idea you had to pay anything until you hit the \"submit\" button and then it asked you to fill out the credit card info. Still for about $10.00, it was worth it.

Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    What if developers was allowed to annouce ONCE - ...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That would not solve the problem. The problem with prohibiting developers from announcing their new libraries is the lack of :

1) input from end users, (which I believe helps to improve at least some of the libraries, even immensely);
    2) the exchange of information as an invaluable source for the end users decison to buy the library. This exchange I find to be far more accurate and useful than the standard paid advertisements and accompanying mp3 demo\'s.

I understand Northern Sounds is entitled to profit for their endeavors, after all, slavery is illegal. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Therefore the burden must fall on the developers. That\'s fair.

I think Gary\'s proposal for the poor developers out there who are doing this for the love of music is going above and beyond the call of duty.

Perhaps NS could set up a special account with SMALL developers and charge a small fee for each new Library announcement.

Just my 2 cents worth......

Yes, a Sample library news section would be a great idea, and like i said in another thread, i would be willing to pay a small amount to post in that said category, i just dont beleive in banner ads, and the price is way out of my budget.

Franky
    Vintaudio Prod.

Originally posted by RickD:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    [qb]What if developers was allowed to annouce ONCE - ...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That would not solve the problem. The problem with prohibiting developers from announcing their new libraries is the lack of :

1) input from end users, (which I believe helps to improve at least some of the libraries, even immensely);
    2) the exchange of information as an invaluable source for the end users decison to buy the library. This exchange I find to be far more accurate and useful than the standard paid advertisements and accompanying mp3 demo\'s.
    QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually, I think that idea of Scarbee\'s DOES solve the problem, because if feedback/discussion is desired, the developer can then either setup their own forum on their own site, or setup their own forum here <a la Garritan>. Budget the expense of doing so under product research & development.

This way we can all check the \"announcement\" area regularly, and of course, a user may decide to start a topic in another forum regarding the announcement, but still the idea would be to move developer-user interactions to that developers forum.

My dos centavos...

Guys, did you see papa chalk\'s post referring to the \"news/events\" link above? Apparently these kinds of announcements are exactly what it\'s for. I suppose there\'s not much action there because it\'s not used much. Kind of chicken/egg thing I suppose.

Go Back to forum