• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: WOO HOO!

Share/Bookmark

WOO HOO!

I finally bought a website, and now I have webspace to put my music without the worry of it NOT working as Geocities is so infamous for. Here\'s that 1930\'s - ish piece I wanted to put but the link from geocities did not work:

( http://www.aaronsapp.com/Tommy.mp3 )

Re: WOO HOO!

Yeah, definitely some 30´s influence in there.
    It sounds pretty good as well!
    If you decrease the quality to 11khz, it sounds even more 30´s [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It could have been longer, but overall
    great work. Is the brass QLB?

Very cool music A_Sapp

Haha, thanks! Yes, all brass was from QLB, clarinet and bass clarinet from DD, brush kit from sonic implants, and acoustic upright from a demo sampler CD. Thanks for listening.

( http://www.aaronsapp.com/Storm.mp3 )

Here\'s another piece with absolutely no melody in the beginning. It has a very dark mood in the beginning. Killer choir part in my opinion.

Aaron-

Got \"Tommy\" ok ( good stuff), but the \"storm\" link doesn\'t seem to work.

Carl

Sorry, didn\'t realize links were case-sensitive. It should work now. I was workin\' on this tonight:

( http://www.aaronsapp.com/Weird.mp3 )

Comments welcome.

Originally posted by Paulh:
    Yeah, definitely some 30´s influence in there.
    It sounds pretty good as well!
    If you decrease the quality to 11khz, it sounds even more 30´s [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It could have been longer, but overall
    great work. Is the brass QLB?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hehe, someone else who can spot QLB from 50 paces. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Very nice work Aaron, I particularly like the authentic ambience of the Tommy piece.

Hehe, thanks for listening. QLB does pretty well for jazz stuff. The ambience of Tommy is just like all the ambiences in all my pieces. I first record instruments that are close up, (strings, upright bass, certain drums, VOTA Church patches) A little further back, (Brass, Woodwinds) Way back, (percussion) That\'s how I get that sound. Applying one reverb to all of it really sounds unrealistic and muddied up. I\'m using my Kurzweil effects box which to me is awesome.

Aaron,

Man I hate you. You\'re not even 18 and can compose things this good?

Honestly, what\'s great about your music is that isn\'t predictable at all. A lot of variation and chaos (Good chaos, which incidentally isn\'t chaos at all)

What are you going to do with that check from the Young Film Composers Competition next year? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ruben

Go Back to forum