• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ...crashsolution for Gstudio...?

Share/Bookmark

...crashsolution for Gstudio...?

hello everyone,

does anyone know, if there is a HD size-limit for Gstudio?
    i´ve got a 45GB ide-hd, and my Gstudio crash during initialization...
    [GSTUDIO caused a failure because of a wrong page in modul GSTUDIO.EXE at 0167:0041cf1b.]

or could it be a damaged gig-file, although Gstudio should not load anyone during first start...

maybe someone can give me any tip

thank you + bye

LOW

Re: ...crashsolution for Gstudio...?

Hello again,

in the meantime i was able to checkout my problem a little bit better:
    -the reason of the pagefault of Gstudio depends on, if my 45GB HD (Caviar-WesternDigital; partitioned in two parts) is connected, or not.
    If not, everything works fine.... :-|
    but one of the first reasons, i bought that HD was the GIG-file-storage-reason!

When i added the HD to my W98se, my bios (P2B-LS) didn´t find it, so i had to install somthing like a additional biostool, provided by WesternDigital and then my BIOS recognized the HD.

So i think this must be the reason, why Gstuio crashes during the update of the \"local sampler\".

Does anyone know a solution for that?
    I would be very very happy for any tips

thx in advance!!

bye

Low

Hy Chris Beck, Hy hurchalla,

thank you very much for your help, i disabled the EZ-addon-bios, then my \"real\"bios was still able to recognize the HD, but both partitions had gone
    At least with PM i was able to recover one of them and the best: GStudio doesn´t crash anymore!!!

(please don´t ask me why that didn´t work during first HD connection...???)

Best wishes!!!

LOW

I use a 10,000 gig hard drive for audio and a 500 gig drive for programs with 2 gigahertz of ram. Everything seems to work fine now.

Damon, if you want to be funny, please don\'t make mistakes like measuring ram in Hz....

I use a 60 GB (IBM) drive with no problems.

So there is no theoretical HD size limit, at least not lower than 60 GB.

Hope that helps

- Chris

Check the microsoft website to download a patch. It sounds like you\'re getting hit by the bug win98SE has with very large hard drives. The IBM 75GXP is definitely susceptible and yours may be as well. Sorry I can\'t give you exact download site, but try Windows Update first, that would be the first place I\'d look. Good luck,
    Jeff

Actually Simon, some of the guys that work out in Hollywood in post production graphics do us 2 \'gigabytes\' of ram. I guess that would be around 2048 megs. Forgive me sir for saying \'hertz\', my mistake. Sorry you didn\'t find that funny, I guess you have to be completely serious everytime you post here.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-19-2000).]

Well, your post was ridiculing other peoples writings about hardware configurations (which is pretty good to know if you want to do any troubleshooting), so I think when you couldn\'t even do it right, you deserved to get payback...

And what is that **** about being serious etc.. Have you studied all my postings or what? You\'ll see numerous smileys, but your post was just not funny.

Whatever dude. I wasn\'t trying to ridicule anybodies hardware configurations. Take a chill pill.
    Peace out

Go Back to forum