• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 or Kontakt as far as number of available libraries?

Share/Bookmark

GS3 or Kontakt as far as number of available libraries?

I am looking into getting either Kontakt or Gigastudio 3. I am a little hesitant about the latter since it is new and thus the bugs probably haven\'t been fixed with somelibraries.
    Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also from what I have seen it seems like there are more \"Giga\" instruments than Kontakt instruments. I mean any instrument that has a Kontakt version almost always has a Giga version, but not all instruments with Giga versions have Kontakt versions. Would people in general agree with that.

Lastly am I going to get issues running GS3 on just a laptop with 1GB ram (7200RPM harddrive)

Thanks for your help, I have searched through other threads, and didn\'t find answers to these specific questions, thats why I ask.

Thanks
    -Mike

Re: GS3 or Kontakt as far as number of available libraries?

I am a little hesitant about the latter since it is new and thus the bugs probably haven\'t been fixed with somelibraries
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You may have some performance issues on a laptop with either software depending on how hard you push them.

With Rewire support, GS3 should work well on one computer. As far as I know, GS3 will work with any of the GS2 libraries so you will have a large pool of libraries to work with if you go that way. (That\'s what I\'d do) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: GS3 or Kontakt as far as number of available libraries?

Originally posted by Daedalus:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"> I am a little hesitant about the latter since it is new and thus the bugs probably haven\'t been fixed with somelibraries
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You may have some performance issues on a laptop with either software depending on how hard you push them.

With Rewire support, GS3 should work well on one computer. As far as I know, GS3 will work with any of the GS2 libraries so you will have a large pool of libraries to work with if you go that way. (That\'s what I\'d do) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">100% true. GS has the most number of libraries. And of course more are releasing in Kontakt (like SISS and GOS).

However, the Kontakt/Komnpakt concern isn\'t on the PC but the Mac, where compatibility by OS version and software is not 100% consistent and MUST be clearly spelled out by the developer BEFORE customer purchasing, especially with customized virtual instruments.

Go Back to forum