• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: DDBE Fanfare

Share/Bookmark

DDBE Fanfare

Here\'s a fanfare written for the DDBE by Frank Becker. It uses the all of the DDBE and the DD Solo Brass Bass Trombone.

http://www.dandeanpro.com/DDBE_Fanfare.mp3

Re: DDBE Fanfare

Very nice Dan. It\'d be cooler if all the instruments had the same spaciousness in the demo. The trumpets sound like they\'re closely miced, and french horns way in the back. I know there are options of closely miced and ambient-ly miced samples, but try to keep the same ambiences in the demos. The french horns sound marvelous might I add. The tongueing is very realistic, but the DDSB Bass Tbone doesn\'t have enough body and is also too closely miced.

Horns sound really great--but I\'m not thrilled with the trumpets in that demo, which is surprising because the Dan Dean solo trumpet was simply outstanding. Maybe it\'s just the way the demo was put together.

Dan,

I have to agree with these gentlemen. While the FH\'s are awesome, the Trumpets sound \'synthy\'. Should they be \'deeper\' on stage (more ambient) than the FH\'s? Try this mix and give us another listen. Thanks.

That demo is very nice. IT IS NOT DOING THIS LIBRARY JUSTICE. The bones and the trumpets have ambient versions that are not heard hear. All of the initial concerns I\'m hearing are innaccuracte. I\'ll try and post something soon to shed some more light on how great this library is.

Dan,

This Brass Ensemble collections sounds amazing!

This is truly as good as it is ever going to get!

Anyone with good ears could never distinguish this new Brass Ensemble collection from a real brass section in a real orchestra in a world class performance hall!

I was a trumpet musician for several years, though for the last few years I have been neglecting my chops. I definitely know what a trumpet section is supposed to sound like, and your section trumpets are most convincing to me!

I listened to this demo several times through professional reference monitors, and believe me, there is absolutely nothing about these trumpets that suggest anything less than a real live trumpet section in a world class performance hall.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

I also am I trumpet player, and these trumpets do sound nice, but I don\'t like the ambience it was placed in this demo. I\'m truly interested on how nice they sound with the ambience instead of the close miced samples.

I just checked in to see what\'s happening, and WOW! Congratulations Dan!

Borrowing from the Memorex commercial: \"Is it real? Or is it Dan Dean?\"

Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    I listened to this demo several times through professional reference monitors, and believe me, there is absolutely nothing about these trumpets that suggest anything less than a real live trumpet section in a world class performance hall.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Are we listening to the same demo? The trumpet section in the above demo is certainly distinguishable as fake, though the horns are great. And I am a huge fan of Dan\'s work (especially his solo brass) so I\'m certainly have no grudge against him.

I\'d love to hear someone post something more with the trumpet section, though the horns are probably worth shelling out for the library by themselves.

Yes, we are listening to the same demo.

Kip

Go Back to forum