• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lexicon NuVerb - miracle card, any detailed info?

Lexicon NuVerb - miracle card, any detailed info?

Anyone knows this monster card? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] It\'s old, discontinued, incredible cheap, incredible quality reverb card, actually it\'s Lexicom 300L(!) in computer card! But... it\'s for MAC only [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Again, similar problem as with Altiverb. But the vision of having Lex 300 for about $500-600 is so attractive..
    Doesn\'t anyone know which worst cheapest MAC is able to fully work with it? Or just any info about this card?

Re: Lexicon NuVerb - miracle card, any detailed info?

I guess your not familiar with Mac. The Lex NuVerb was an old NU-BUS card for early Pro-Tools systems. NU-BUS has been out of circulation for some time...early 90\'s. For it\'s day, the Lex NU-VERB was hot stuff. But as far as I remember, you had to run it with the old Pro-Tools..and this was even pre-TDM. They called it DSP farm.

Your talking a Mac Quadra as the newest type machine it would run in. Maybe run as late as OS 8, but that\'s it. Plus a Pro-Tools 3 system...(16 bit) with DSP farm.

I sure as hell wouldn\'t pay 600 bucks for it...plus the cost of an old Pro-Tools 3, DSP farm, and NUBUS expansion chassis...jeeez.

You\'d get better results from Altiverb for $400.

Somewhere in the back of my closet, I have an old Digidesign SoundTools system...ran it on a Mac Clone called PowerComputing. I couldn\'t give it away. Those days are long gone...thank heaven.

Anyone asking for 600 bucks for that thing has a set of brass ones.

Re: Lexicon NuVerb - miracle card, any detailed info?

Thanks for the info! So it would be best to wait until PC verison of Altiverb is released. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum