• Register
  • Help

Topic: Opinions please... Demo Orchestral, Piano, Jazz

Opinions please... Demo Orchestral, Piano, Jazz

Please see: http://music.altamar.dynalias.org/

It is finally time for me to put my stuff out there and find out what the world thinks. So I took a day and put together a quick website for you to listen to my music. I posted this in OSXAudio and VSL forums. Someone suggested that I post here as well.

IF I AM POSTING IN THE WRONG PLACE... please let me know. Because I hate it when that happens, too.

I am an enterprise application developer by trade, so I think of the works posted as being \"in beta\" or even \"alpha\". [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] There are timing, mix, and effect enhancements needed all over. This is not the final tuning.

For the VSL-using people, Morning Fanfare and The Country both use VSL. Abraham Weeps does not... and you will see why I desire the VSL Solo Cello. But I did the best I could with what I had.

I am hoping to get feedback of two kinds:

1) Please list the top n (3? 5? 10?) things you hear that can be corrected/changed in the pieces, either from a musical, audio mix, or effect perspective. Clearly, my musical intent might not match your musical intent, but I can filter out, or even learn from differing perspectives. So feel free to comment.

2) Please let me know what you think I can do with my music. (Rated G only, please!) I have 4 basic kinds:

Orchestral (now that I have VSL!),
    Solo Piano,
    Jazz (Fusion-esque to New age-y),
    and Vocal Pop stuff (not currently posted)

I think I\'d love to do film, TV or other media. I think it would be easier (for me) to hit specific emotional targets than to just come up with some. I\'ve also considered some direct distribution of my mellower stuff. Or pitching my vocal stuff. I just don\'t know. There are a million places to read up on this, but I want direct human opinion.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoy some of the pieces.

Re: Opinions please... Demo Orchestral, Piano, Jazz

All very good work. To my ears your orchestral peices seem much stronger than the others.

Thank you sporter and sharmy,

I appreciate the good words. I will take the issue of posting too much under advisement. I should say that, in particular, I am looking or comments on the top 3. Though I have gotten comments on the bottom 2 as well, so... it\'s all interesting.

I will try to think of some way to being focus to the process.

In general, I won\'t mind rough comments as long as they are constructive, and hopefully, specific. I do appreciate your noting the phrasing. I will be listening for it carefully. And believe me, I am not one who is overly sensitive! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again, and enjoy!

Maybe I should be flattered, but my web logs tell me that a few people out there are trying to see if I have any more songs available on my site.

At this point, no more are available. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Sorry!

Go Back to forum