• Register
  • Help

Topic: 'Amazing'ly great support for CDxtract

Share/Bookmark

\'Amazing\'ly great support for CDxtract

I just want to publicly thank Bernard at Amazing Sound for his superlative support for CDxtract.

I recently tried to hook up a Sony MO drive, which had all my Roland S770 sounds on about 20 disks, to my Gigastudio PC. The PC saw it but CDxtract didn\'t.

So I emailed Amazing Sound.

Yeah right, haven\'t we all gotten to that point and wondered if there was actually anyone reading the inbox on the other end...

Well, that\'s not the case with Amazing.
    I got an immediate response from them, which included a device listing utility. Once he got its results, Bernard Chavonnet began sending me updates. By the second one he had everything humming. I am now able to load any of my old jobs into the Gigastudio with ease.

I have become so sick of dealing with internet companies who, after taking your money, hide from their customers behind context sensitive \'help\' files, \'knowledge bases\', impossible to find email addresses or \'on hold\' forever support lines.

What is so heartening about my experience is that I live in Australia, Bernard\'s company is in France, and toward the end of our communication he let it slip that he was actually on HOLIDAYS on some remote island half way around the planet.

And I only contacted him about this 4 days ago! I don\'t get that kind of service from my local PC supplier, and he\'s five minutes down the road!

This kind of support has got to be the way ahead for those who want people to trust in e-commerce.

I have felt quite alone in the past after buying a product on the net only to find that the support is close to non-existent.

Forgive me if I come across as pathetically thankful, but Amazing Sound\'s great support has really lifted my spirits.

Re: \'Amazing\'ly great support for CDxtract

Hello Chadwick !

I agree with what you said about service (generally speaking) and about Bernard Chavronnet at Cdxtract. I happen to meet him twice recently (here in Paris). He\'s really full of passion for music, synthesizers and software programming. Good to have such reliable companies in the web business.
    I came back last year from a two year trip in down under and I understand your joy about beeing well supported...

See ya mate !

Bifop

Chadwick wrote:
    >>>What is so heartening about my experience is that I live in Australia, Bernard\'s company is in France, and toward the end of our communication he let it slip that he was actually on HOLIDAYS on some remote island half way around the planet.<<<
    That\'s funny, because at the same time I was mailing Bernard because I wanted to have similar problems sorted out. Some tweaks were necessary to have working conversions between my AKAI and EMU samplers and GigaStudio. MO drives are also involved. Bernard answered from his vacation on Guadeloupe Island within a few hours and solved some of the E4XT-Ultra format problems when reading this format from CD and MO. I\'m still in contact with him to sort out some conversion bugs.
    Conclusion: Great software (CDXtract), great guy and support like from no one else.

Nirto Karsten Fischer

It\'s really heartening to hear these things. Almost makes me want to buy CDxtract, even though I don\'t have a use for it at the moment, just to show support for a company that provides service like that.

I also want to publicly thank Bernard & Frederic at Amazing Sound for their excellent support for CDxtract (which IMHO is a superb utility).

Nicholas

Go Back to forum