• Register
  • Help

Topic: New White Grand MP3 demos

Share/Bookmark

New White Grand MP3 demos

I finally got my new DAW together and got the time to make some new demos using the White Grand. I\'ve also updated some of the old ones!
    Here\'s the new ones:

Stella - Performed by Richard Krull.
    Seaside - Performed by Jeremy Whaley

Check the older ones too! I\'ve updated the site, so the demos should be a bit more easy to find... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] SampleTekk

Hope you like them!

Re: New White Grand MP3 demos

Richard Krull,

I enjoyed your changes here and you performance..A bit of Evan\'s ghost crept into your fingers during the real time playing..

Alan Russell

Originally posted by Alan Russell:
    Richard Krull,

I enjoyed your changes here and you performance..A bit of Evan\'s ghost crept into your fingers during the real time playing..

Alan Russell
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, Richard is a truly gifted musician! Glad to hear the White Grand played this softly. Shows the power of the lower velocity regions.

Hi,

can we have Richard Krull to respond here..I\'d like to know what he has to say?

TIA

Alan Russell

Thanks Alan and Worra for yor kinds words.

Yes it is a real time played demo on my old Roland A-80 with the help of Velocity Curve Program to manage the response (http://www.trombettworks.com/velocity.php)
    I only edit some velocity data since certains note did´nt correspond to my real intention when playing.

And about the changes, I agree with you Alan. I do remember the times when I used to place the pickup nail backward and backward and backward in order to listen the chords of Bill Evans who has been the \"Master of Master\". Sometimes ago there was´nt digital artifact, no books, no schools apart of the real one called \"Life\". I only had my vinyls and the communication with my friends musicians, but overall myself.
    The actual giants and much of the disappeared pianist have been influenced by this \"Giant in the Giants Land\".

Worra, for me as you know the \"ppp to mf\" range is the space/range where pianist/musicians find the delight of sound in acoustical instruments. It is only my opinion. All the pianists (I mean ALL of them)I have seen in the act of trying the goodness of a piano have been overall played much more time in this range than in the \"f and above\".
    My deduction is that in this range you have much more nuances to hear/(learn?) Do you get the idea? This range offers a very wide space.

Between a soft sound and a hard one what is the more powerful?...
    For me the response is the soft one, because you have to pay more attention to the soft one than to the loudest one. Get the idea? More subtel changes in color/quality in the soft dynamic range.

So in order to find out the goodness of the White Grand I played mostly in a soft mood, and my opinion is that this piano is more real than others because of the above decribed consideration, just IMO.
    For sure I like very much the contrast in music and I like to play/compose in the whole dynamic range. Contrast in one of the fundamental things in Music. But in this case I only played soft.
    Thanks

Originally posted by rkmusic:
    Yes it is a real time played demo on my old Roland A-80 with the help of Velocity Curve Program to manage the response (http://www.trombettworks.com/velocity.php)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What a great tip! If it works out, it may give new life to my KX76. Thanks!

RkMusic,

Thanks for the personal comeback. I\'m looking foward in hearing more of your interpretations down the road. If you get a chance visit my website below. I have a few ballads and swings (small) ensembles for you to listen to.

Alan Russell

Originally posted by rkmusic:

I only edit some velocity data since certains note did´nt correspond to my real intention when playing.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">To pay attention to your midi keyboards velocity curve has become more important with instruments that have a lot of velocitysplits.
    Let\'s say if you have a instrument with 4 velocity splits. Then it\'s not that important since you are likely to hit the lowest velocity region anyway, even if your playing doesn\'t trigger notes with low midi velocity values, but with instruments like the White Grand where you have 16 velocity splits, you might end up only using 10-12, and then you would miss out on some of the goodies!
    So, ladies and gentlemen! Pay some attention to your midi keyboards velocity curve, you might find new life in your sample libraries!

Go Back to forum