• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Theme from "24" percussion question.

Share/Bookmark

Theme from "24" percussion question.

Yes, this is a \"how\'d they do that?\" question.

The link below is a very good quality recording of the excellent theme from 24 (for some reason the person who recorded it left the logo music in)

Click here to download

Downloaded it? Good. Hear that percussion thing going on... what IS that! and, how could I do that! lol. It appears to change throughout the whole piece. I have lots of questions, but this kind of percussion stuff really bugs me not knowing how, as this isnt the first piece that has got me asking.

Help anyone? anyone?

Ed

Re: Theme from "24" percussion question.

gawd I love that show

The finale just blew me away

Sounds like percussive adventures to me

Percussive Adventures, really? Damn I really should think about getting that then. But what if its not Percussive Adventures, Ive heard a lot of stuff that doesnt seem to come from a library and I still have no idea how they do it. Perhaps I need a better example.

Ed

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Ed:
    Yes, this is a \"how\'d they do that?\" question.

The link below is a very good quality recording of the excellent theme from 24 (for some reason the person who recorded it left the logo music in)

Click here to download

Downloaded it? Good. Hear that percussion thing going on... what IS that! and, how could I do that! lol. It appears to change throughout the whole piece. I have lots of questions, but this kind of percussion stuff really bugs me not knowing how, as this isnt the first piece that has got me asking.

Help anyone? anyone?

Ed
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It is hard to peg...there\'s so much washy stuff all around it. It\'s not acoustic, for sure, so probably just a sample that\'s hybridized and effected randomly.

At some points it sounds like a combination of brushes on a conga and a frequency altered hi-hat without attacks.

But whatever it is, it\'s basically playing a hi-hat role in the overall groove.

well that \"snare\" like thing soudns like perc adventures to me. I dont think its all PA.

Thats for sure. There\'s some \"tweaked\" stuff in there. Could b programmed in some parts or jsut chopped up loops or performances.

There are SOOOO many sources for cool percussion now, that it would be hard ot nail it all down, unless your the guy who put it together.

maybe its an arpegiated loop from his synclavier, that would explain how it changes so... fluidly through the piece.

Ed

Yeah, that piece rocks! I especially enjoyed the horns. Very fat. The high string/ww stuff sounded a little harsh to me, but it was probably due to the mp3 encoding.

I have Percussive Adventures, but, I must admit, have never used it. I got it as part of a larger Siedlezcek set and have only used the orchestral instruments. But you guys are making me think about using PA more now.

I am going to order PA tomorrow in that case!!!

BlueScreen, you know that the horns are synclav right? I was going to buy the ilio\'s synclav brass cd, but I fear it wont sound as good as it does coming out of the real thing. Especially seeing as they didnt exactly do a great job sampling the strings on the Strings disc. Anyway, I better get ordering PA!

Yes, it is patch called \"Independence Day\" mostly, with a couple other things on top. The core is PA, tho. (just used the same thing for a TV show theme about a month ago, so...)

\"...it is patch called \"Independence Day\" \" from the Synclav??? PA???

Go Back to forum