• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone know of a good hand clap sample?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone know of a good hand clap sample?

Hello friends. Does anyone happen to know where I might find a good sample of a hand clap (or claps, preferably, i.e. more than one person clapping) for use in a percussion line?

Thanks!
    Owen
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: Anyone know of a good hand clap sample?

Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    Hello friends. Does anyone happen to know where I might find a good sample of a hand clap (or claps, preferably, i.e. more than one person clapping) for use in a percussion line?

Thanks!
    Owen
    Yes, I do! It's a coincidence you need that for something too, Owen - I just got through using hand claps in a project. Give me a little bit of time, I'll get it together for you.

Randy

Here ya go, Owen - A home recording enthusiast made quite a project of recording hand claps in all sorts of different locations. The download is free:

Free Handclaps

I used the "concrete garage" sample because it's dry, ready for you to process how you want. It's a single clap, but I loaded it in Sonar's SFZ player - I could have used ARIA actually. I played chords, two tracks of that, panned apart some - Came out great. There's at least one sample he has which has several claps together, but I found it better to play single claps as chords, middle C is the original pitch. Spread out from there some, and be sure to NOT quantize - you want the claps imperfect for a natural sound. Have fun!

Randy

Randy to the rescue once again! Thanks, that's perfect!

Be funny if we were both working on the same project!!!

Randy to the rescue once again! Thanks, that's perfect!

Be funny if we were both working on the same project!!!
    Your request inspired me to pull out a snippet from the project so you can hear the claps in context. It's a bit of bubbly '60's pop-rock.

Handclaps Test

Randy

Oh, wow, that's perfect, Randy! Love it! Definitely not working on the same project! I am doing a TV commercial for a furniture store (and Erika's first paid gig with me). I will share it later.

The claps worked out great for me. Thanks again.

Oh, wow, that's perfect, Randy! Love it! Definitely not working on the same project! I am doing a TV commercial for a furniture store (and Erika's first paid gig with me). I will share it later.

The claps worked out great for me. Thanks again.
    Hey, congrats on the gig, Owen! Glad those claps worked for you - I was really happy to find them, and glad you enjoyed my little clip. Fun stuff.

Randy

Go Back to forum