• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Grétry, La Rosière Républicaine, Romance

Share/Bookmark

Grétry, La Rosière Républicaine, Romance

And here's the 4th part of the ballet suite "La Rosière Républicaine", the Romance.

Same instruments (chamber strings, 2 flutes, 2 bassoons), all VSL.

Romance

Enjoy the piece (number 4 in the list).

Max

Re: Grétry, La Rosière Républicaine, Romance

Hello Max!

It's great to hear this! The quality of the rendering is just as good as the previous pieces - just magnificent! This music is some of the most classic Classical I've heard in a while. Something I find myself thinking about on occasion are composers like Gretry. Their music is great, and was perhaps even wildly popular at the time, but simply over the decades and centuries, much of it becomes lost. (I suppose that's probably more true of the pre-recording era)

I enjoyed the listen, thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Hello Max,

An other jewel, just delicious. Hope more to come?
    I am waiting until you'll say that is it, then making my own album from this to enjoy later.
    Great!

Ted

Hi Ted,

There's more to come (Danse Générale and Pas de Trois). I'm glad you like that music. It's very simple, but beautiful.

I've made some small improvements to the first version (thanks to Raymond, who noticed some little inaccuracies). What a wonderful means this forum is, but I can't help having the impression that it is 'agonising'... Let's hope I'm wrong!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello Max!

It's great to hear this! The quality of the rendering is just as good as the previous pieces - just magnificent! This music is some of the most classic Classical I've heard in a while. Something I find myself thinking about on occasion are composers like Gretry. Their music is great, and was perhaps even wildly popular at the time, but simply over the decades and centuries, much of it becomes lost. (I suppose that's probably more true of the pre-recording era)

I enjoyed the listen, thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for listening!

Max

Max, I hope you do not mean that our reaction to your work is "agonizing" to you? Your work is NOT agonizing to us who can enjoy the wonderful sound of Mozart like, but still different talent of Gretry. Your, to me, unique talent translate this just so well that what would be agonizing to us if you would not continue!
    Happy Easter Max

Ted

Hi Ted,

Code:
    Max, I hope you do not mean that our reaction to your work is "agonizing" to you? Your work is NOT agonizing to us who can enjoy the wonderful sound of Mozart like, but still different talent of Gretry. Your, to me, unique talent translate this just so well that what would be agonizing to us if you would not continue!

What I actually meant is that the forum activity is constantly decreasing and the number of active members as well, which is very regrettable. We could help
    each other, encourage, give advice, correct... AND listen to each other's work. This forum is in many cases the first audience for new work. Appreciation and positive criticism can provide the needed support to go on composing (which is a very tiresome and intensive business). I've mentioned it before, music is communication.Therefore an audience is absolutely necessary to complete the transmission of the message. What else for would we be hanging around here?

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Ted,

What I actually meant is that the forum activity is constantly decreasing and the number of active members as well, which is very regrettable. We could help
    each other, encourage, give advice, correct... AND listen to each other's work. This forum is in many cases the first audience for new work. Appreciation and positive criticism can provide the needed support to go on composing (which is a very tiresome and intensive business). I've mentioned it before, music is communication.Therefore an audience is absolutely necessary to complete the transmission of the message. What else for would we be hanging around here?

Max
    Plus one (+1). More comments, please. Not only downloads. I see many downloads, but a few comments.
    Are we alone? I hope not.

Raymond

I don't want to get too off topic here, but I understand where everyone is coming from. I know I'm not the most faithful contributor to these forums - I typically have very active periods followed by long periods where I just read posts in General Discussion from time to time. Part of that just has to do with the fact that I don't write all that frequently.

However, when I do post something I've been working on in the Listening Room, I try to at least bump one other thread whenever I comment on my own (if I find a few short pieces, I may bump a few threads). I didn't always do this, but I found it quite enjoyable once I started doing it, and I eventually started getting more responses to my posts. I know everyone I've seen above this post is good about posting on other threads, but if anyone else out there reads this Try it, you'll like it! And you'll feel good about yourself.

Anyways, again, nice work Max!

Edit: Also something to keep in mind, this is a discussion forum! I love it when I can evoke a conversation about someone else's work, or someone is interested enough to start a conversation about mine! I try (sometimes my brain is dead and I can't think of anything) to say something more than "great composition, rendering is nice, too!" to get a conversation started, but a quick complement or otherwise is still better than nothing at all. It's great just to let the original poster know that you took a listen!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

The new version is shining bright. You surprisingly obeyed my minor comments and revised the balance as far as I can hear. At the beginning there was some glitch, but at a second time listening it disappeared. My ears or my cans? Or ofcourse your skills? I think the latter.

You know, there is so much beautiful music in this world, written by rather unknown composers, that a lifetime isn't enough to enjoy most of them. Glad that you took this sequence of lovely short pieces to surface.

Your neighbour,

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast