• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The Sad Thing Is........

Share/Bookmark

The Sad Thing Is........

The sad thing is with all these great products like the ochestral libraries and storm drum and every thing that has come out bundled with the NI sampler, who can really say to me that there happy?. I\'m talking about the stability of the sampler from NI, not to knock them but alittle. Great sample libraries crappy stability in which it comes bundled with. I\'m sorry ppl I\'am so fed up anymore, It\'s like running a porche with the lowest octane fuel available. I mean that in the way of not what NI\'s samplers can do but the stability. Anyone else on the same page as me at this point.

Re: The Sad Thing Is........

There are alot of people like you, unfortunately. Also alot of people happy with the software, but NI is working day and night to fix ALL of the problems. They have promised us that all will be well very soon. I already have a beta of Kontakt OSX that solves the wierd noise issues in Logic.

I like that new wave of \"virtual instruments\" - its usable out of the box and you dont need buy a standalone sampler. But if you want you can and load library into it. Its just on you...

Chocotrax: Ha ha ha...its not problem of library but problem of your crapy CPU maybe....I have P4 2,6 Ghz 1GB RAM and 6 instances without DFD running perfectly...

I don\'t like things that gorges CPU. I just downloaded Arturia\'s Minimoog demo. These VSTi are so hungry to a point that it\'s considered impolate.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Choco: its not any secret that Kompakt with DFD or HALION streams better than GS! GS is memory hungriest of them all

Briguy, well, as far as I can tell I don\'t have any problems at all... am able to get acces a lot faster, too. The only thing I\'m noticing is a) sometimes crashing when my RAM is maxed out (though this might be a WinXP problem ?!) and b) sometimes strange noizes (but my suggestion is too much HD usage at the same time). All in all, it\'s quite stable and working very well here.

Marc

That\'s not true Handz, every Kompakt user can testify to that. They even call it Tascam\'s only advantage that Giga streams the most efficiently of all samplers. Handz, what are you doing? Why make things up?

Thats not true! with 1Giga RAM you upload to HALION almost whole Library but into GIGA maybe strings.Thats Fct!HALION streams absoulutely from HDD not like giga - which load too large parts into RAM.I using Kompakt player and only thing is that with DFD I getting noises-but stability and CPU usage is OK.

Originally posted by handz:
    Thats not true! with 1Giga RAM you upload to HALION almost whole Library but into GIGA maybe strings.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">About what library are you talking here? EWQLSO for Giga? Your posts don\'t make sense to me...

Go Back to forum