• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Copy Protection Info!

Share/Bookmark

Copy Protection Info!

Tascam & Library developers Copy Protection Scheme.

Well, Bruce is going to love this to say the least.

Anyway, they finally came up with a nifty system for protecting the software and the libraries.
    It is a two-step process that involves an Ethentica Ethenticator USB 2500 thumbprint scanner/card reader package and some identity confirmation in the registration process.

They have done some revolutionary things along this line and have consulted the companies that help keep banks & credit card transactions secure and some biometric companies. This is also the technology that will eventually enable people to vote from their computers in various elections so Giga users will be ahead of the rest of the world in this technology.

The users will receive a thumb scanner and card reader package with their GigaStudio 3.0 software package. These components are fire-wire and USB compatible. Just plug & play and the software will walk you through the simple registration process. To register online, you will need a standard U.S. state or E.U. standard ID card with the magnetic strip. You can then swipe your card on the USB card reader when prompted and then press your thumb on the thumbprint reader and the system will establish your identity. This will be essential when installing new protected libraries. All you will have to do is give it your thumbprint when installing them. Now, you may wonder what to do if you don’t have a standard ID card. It’s very simple actually. All you have to do is go to your drivers license office or to a notary public with the enclosed finger print product registration card and put your thumb print on it and get it notarized and mail it back to Tascam. Don’t worry, in each product, you get at least 14 days to get everything registered and working and if things go wrong (as they can sometimes) they can extend the period as needed.

The device, which works with Windows 2000, 98, 95, and NT, can be gripped in numerous ways, so it\'s friendly to both lefties and righties. In addition, a female voice intones a welcome or denial when authenticating.

As more details for this amazing technology come out, I’ll keep you informed.

Cheers
    Dave
    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

(Edit next day)
    If you have read this far and your blood pressure has gone up a bit, please realize this post is a total hoax and an early April Fools type joke. I thought I would now add this to this post since apparently, some people have taken it seriously without reading further down this thread and have called Tascam about it. Sorry about that. Anyway, this was inspired by the absolute hell that broke out over companies using something as benign (compared to this contraption that is) as a dongle. I decided to invent the most asinine and over complicated and invasive copy protection nightmare imaginable and this is the result. I hope you all enjoy it. For the record though, this is pure fun BS.

Re: Copy Protection Info!

Sounds fascinating, can you please provide a link to this technology? Or the actual announcement?

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Ben H

P.S. You wouldn\'t happen to be talking through your (_|_) would you???

Hi David,

Is this for real? Sounds amazing..

Thumb reader and ID card?
    You are joking right?

Alex

\"Is this for real? Sounds amazing..\"

You have got to be kidding. Have you seen the hell that breaks loose over dongles? The only thing missing in that system that I invented is a rectal probe. I thought it would be fun to raise Bruce\'s blood pressure for a moment.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers
    Dave

Originally posted by David Govett:
    \"Is this for real? Sounds amazing..\"

You have got to be kidding. Have you seen the hell that breaks loose over dongles? The only thing missing in that system that I invented is a rectal probe. I thought it would be fun to raise Bruce\'s blood pressure for a moment.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers
    Dave
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">hahaha [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thumb reader, rectal dongle.. stop giving ideas to Tascam! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

ha ha ha!

we might go the \'eye-scan\' way!

or even ask users to register themselves at police stations!

or maybe just not release any GS3 and libraries and keep them for ourselves... and actually make money by doing music no one else has the tools for!

ha ha ha

Best regards,

Simone Coen

Yes, I agree!! This was too good to be held back until April 1st. Rectal probes are a great idea, too.Just imaginethe devices the record industry would like us to stick up our ***s to listen to a CD... *rotfl*

*lol* Good joke

Too bad, that there is no unified european
    id-card with magnetic strip ;-)

Tobias

Go Back to forum