• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anybody get loud volume changes from time to time?

Share/Bookmark

Anybody get loud volume changes from time to time?

I\'m using Cakewalk PA9 along with Gigastudio 96 and once in a while, a track will shoot all the way up to 127 in Gigastudios port one volume window for no reason. Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Anybody get loud volume changes from time to time?

When I used to use Cubase 3.01 on an Atari with a Roland 770 I had the exact opposite problem!

Every now and then Cubase would zero the channel volume of the first patch in a performance on the 770.

Who knows why???

I was getting the exact same problem with GigaSampler v1.64. It turned out to be the combination of Hubi Loop Back Adapter and Cubase. Try using different MIDI input on GigaStudio and see if you get a different result. I was able to test by using my sound cards MIDI input directly into GigaSampler, in stead of going via the Sequencer, and it worked as expected.

Best of Luck

Glenn.

I also use Giga96 and PA9, and I also have this problem. I haven\'t made a concerted effort to sort it out, but Giga seems to store its own channel volume (cc7) for each MIDI channel and revert to that whenever possible. Maybe it has to get an explicit cc7 event from Cake in order to use the cc7 setting (Vol column in track view) from Cake.
    Really annoying.

Go Back to forum