• Register
  • Help

Topic: spooky waltz

spooky waltz

Hi all,
    well, despite all the bs going on here latley, this still is the greates place in the web for me! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    That\'s why I\'m glad to share some music with you guys. This music was originally composed for the shortfilm \"The Unnamable\" but looks like it will not be accepted this way, \"too elfmanesque\", which I totallt assume. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Libraries which are used: DIVA, VOTA, SAM, LOP, xsample.
    Any comments are of course welcome, but I\'d be specially interested in critics about the production.
    Hope you enjoy it:

Re: spooky waltz

Very nice. Is that the angels aah patch?

Central Point, Oregon

Originally posted by Markus S:
    \"too elfmanesque\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well, if you\'re going to borrow, borrow from (one of) the best! Listen to some Bernard Herrmann scores and you\'ll think you\'re in a Tim Burton time warp! I think it\'s an excellent dark magic mood piece. The percussion is particularly effective, and this is one of the better uses of Diva I\'ve heard. I do feel the XSample strings sound a little weak mixed in this setting with the other, stronger libraries.

Hi Nick,
    glad you like it! Yes, this is the angels classical \"ah\" patch. It has really a great soft sound and works well together with DIVA here.
    Hi Sean,
    thanks for the comments! Yes, Bernhard Hermann is also one of my heros, his music is very beautiful and innovative. I really agree with you as well that the xsample strings don\'t cut the edge here. I\'ll replace them soon with some better string library.

I know it\'s though to get replies here, at least for me. I don\'t know why, but it seems like I have the \"never get more than 2 replies\"-syndrom, when I post some music. Is there something wrong with what I\'m posting? Well, if this is so, I\'d rather know about it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Feel free to critisize, I\'m always interested in constructive critizism!
    Looking forward to hear some of your opinions,

Edit: I just read the discussion about DIVAX, as you may know this waltz was \"nominated\" official Diva demo, so what do you think of the use of DIVA here?

Hi Markus,

I\'m the third. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I just listened to the music (I\'m a late bloomer).

I like it. This is definitely \"elfmanesque\" which is a good thing if you ask me. We can\'t let him have that style all to himself. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I like the use of Diva in this example. Kind of laid back, not too much in the spotlight where you might hear it\'s sampleness.

Also this reminds me, I\'m going to have to get LOP. From all the demos I\'ve listened to, it is by far the best orchestral percussion lib out there IMO. The cymbals sound great.

The strings are a little fake sounding in places. If you do replace the strings, could you post it again so we can listen to the difference?

Go Back to forum