• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Bruce (feedback loop)

Share/Bookmark

Question for Bruce (feedback loop)

Bruce,

I am having some difficulty getting my \"SRV-330 track\" to record any kind of decent level. When I kick up the send I get a \'feedback loop\' (I am tracking GOS - although I get this feedback loop if I elevate my send with nothing playing). Is there anything you do to reduce this feedback while getting a decent signal to you DAW?

My 330 audio track (on DAW) barely shows a couple \'bars\' received and recorded. This may be the only way to do it but I am a little concerned about my s/n ratio on the verb track.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Re: Question for Bruce (feedback loop)

bumpity bump

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Rob Elliott:
    Bruce,

I am having some difficulty getting my \"SRV-330 track\" to record any kind of decent level. When I kick up the send I get a \'feedback loop\' (I am tracking GOS - although I get this feedback loop if I elevate my send with nothing playing). Is there anything you do to reduce this feedback while getting a decent signal to you DAW?

My 330 audio track (on DAW) barely shows a couple \'bars\' received and recorded. This may be the only way to do it but I am a little concerned about my s/n ratio on the verb track.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Rob,

There\'s just about no way I can troubleshoot that from here.

If turning up your send creates a feedback, then you have definitely hard-wired a feedback loop somewhere in the chain. Something on the back side of the 330 is feeding the input. You just need to go through the signal chain step by step, and figure out where the loop is. You should be able to boost the input as high as you want without creating feedback.

If you can\'t find it on the board, you might make sure that \"hard-monitoring\" of your soundcard input isn\'t enabled in some way. That is a common culprit.

Best regards,
    Bruce

\"If you can\'t find it on the board, you might make sure that \"hard-monitoring\" of your soundcard input isn\'t enabled in some way. That is a common culprit.\"

Bruce, I am not sure I understand your reference to \"hard montioring\".
    On SX (audio PC)I may have more VST inputs on beyond the two channels (L/R) \"reverb track\" I am tracking - Could that be it? I am sorry I cannot try this out until tomorrow morning (I am away from my studio right now).

Another point - I am tracking using headphones so it is not the reference monitors. Sorry I am so brain dead on this one. I could track it without audio monitoring as long as I can see a sufficient signal being received by SX - right?

Thanks in advance, Bruce.

Rob

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Rob Elliott:
    \"If you can\'t find it on the board, you might make sure that \"hard-monitoring\" of your soundcard input isn\'t enabled in some way. That is a common culprit.\"

Bruce, I am not sure I understand your reference to \"hard montioring\".
    On SX (audio PC)I may have more VST inputs on beyond the two channels (L/R) \"reverb track\" I am tracking - Could that be it? I am sorry I cannot try this out until tomorrow morning (I am away from my studio right now).

Another point - I am tracking using headphones so it is not the reference monitors. Sorry I am so brain dead on this one. I could track it without audio monitoring as long as I can see a sufficient signal being received by SX - right?

Thanks in advance, Bruce.

Rob
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Rob,

No, this wouldn\'t be within Cubase. It would be a \"direct monitoring\" situation where the audio input of a given soundcard channel was being returned to the output, potentially creating a feedback loop if that output is then routed in your mixer in such a way that it gets redirected to your aux bus.

Bottom line, if turning up the feed to your SRV-330 is causing feedback, then the output of the SRV-330 is being routed INTO the send somehow, and that\'s a bad thing.

Go Back to forum