• Register
  • Help

Topic: Creating a full drum part using Phatmatik Pro ?

Share/Bookmark

Creating a full drum part using Phatmatik Pro ?

I recently bought Phatmatik Pro and I\'m trying to use that to create a drum part for my songs. What I want to do is join together numerous variations of drum loops to make an entire song. I can do this in Live very easily, but it doesn\'t have the separate output feature that Phatmatik has. I want to select let\'s say all of my snare slices and route those to one pair of outputs which is doable in Phatmatik. But, from what I understand, it only handles a limited number of slices at one time.

If anyone has experience with this program please give me some advice. Up until now I\'ve been just slicing up all of the
    different drums and putting them on their own tracks in Live.

TIA,

Tom

Re: Creating a full drum part using Phatmatik Pro ?

You can either do it by using multichannels in Phatmatik (it\'s multitimbral) or you can use multiple instances.

Either way will do what you want.

spectrum

Thanks Spectrum:

Do you think the easiest way might be to chain the various loops together in Live and render it as a single file and then import that into Phatmatik Pro?I realize I would have to do that several times because of Phatmatiks limitation of the number of slices that each midi channel or instance can handle.

Thanks,

Tom

No...it\'s too difficult to slice that many bars at once. Better to do it in smaller chunks/loops, etc

spectrum

Go Back to forum