• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't open Hardcore Bass instrument with Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Can\'t open Hardcore Bass instrument with Kontakt

I just installed and registered East West\'s Hardcore Bass and have been able to use it as a VSTi from Cubase and stand alone. However, when I try to open it with Kontakt (specifically, to see the velocity mappings of certain patches), Kontakt says the content I\'m trying to open is not registered (which of course it is).
    Any help please?

Re: Can\'t open Hardcore Bass instrument with Kontakt

The same thing happens with GPO - I assume it\'s the same problem because it\'s the same technology...I think it\'s something people are just discovering...I\'ve sent a WTF? email to Garritan who put me in contact with NI, they said that they now believe it\'s a bug which they\'re having a hard time reproducing consistently...which means they\'re having a hard time fixing it. So the good news is that you\'re not alone; the bad news is that there\'s no fix that anyone can give you right now.

Re: Can\'t open Hardcore Bass instrument with Kontakt

Ok Hildog, thx for the heads up. Does it occur to you how could I look at the structure of the instruments provided in the library? The documentation included in HCB ain\'t that clear either and I\'d really love to know how are the different patches layered in a certain instrument etc.
    As far as I know nki files are strongly encrypted so I\'m not sure if any other program besides Kontakt can open them.

Go Back to forum