• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I got my drums. Now I need bass for metal...

Share/Bookmark

I got my drums. Now I need bass for metal...

I need a realistic sounding bass for metal music. Bass needs to be fast and furious [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . What do you use?

Tapani S.

Re: I got my drums. Now I need bass for metal...

Hi Tabbu,

If you need a picked bass sound try Dan Dean basses or Yellowtools Pure basses. They also have fingered and slapped sounds.

You can also try to listen to my basses at www.scarbee.com but these are only fingered/slapped.

Good luck! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

regards

Thomas

What drums are you using? What other virtual instruments/samples are you using?

You need a bass played with a plektrum.. I make metal music too but i havent found a bass that sounds like i want it to..

Im really interested in what drums you are using..

Scarbee, what are you going to have a picked bass? Is it in the works?

Originally posted by Munsie:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m using Drumkit from Hell. I have also AO, some Miroslav solo, SOV and LOT\'S of soundfonts and other freeware stuff. Yes they are quite classical but I\'m writing symphonic like metal...

Nagash20: What samples are you using? Can you give me a link so I could hear the bass? Somehow I remember I didn\'t like Scarbee\'s bass (not enough metal!). I\'ll go and listen some audio clips again. If I change my mind.

Originally posted by clonewar:
    Scarbee, what are you going to have a picked bass? Is it in the works?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I will make a picked Fender Precision early next year. I look very much forward to it.

Thomas

Originally posted by tabbu:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Munsie:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m using Drumkit from Hell. I have also AO, some Miroslav solo, SOV and LOT\'S of soundfonts and other freeware stuff. Yes they are quite classical but I\'m writing symphonic like metal...

Nagash20: What samples are you using? Can you give me a link so I could hear the bass? Somehow I remember I didn\'t like Scarbee\'s bass (not enough metal!). I\'ll go and listen some audio clips again. If I change my mind.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I use Will Lee Basses.. I cant get the right sound out of them, but i only use it for composing.. I usually record the bass later myself when im recording the guitars..
    How is The Drumkit From Hell? I havent tried it yet but i know its played by the drummer in Meshuggah, which is a great band..
    I listened to the demo, but they didnt play any metal with it [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Nagash20:
    [QB How is The Drumkit From Hell? I havent tried it yet but i know its played by the drummer in Meshuggah, which is a great band..
    I listened to the demo, but they didnt play any metal with it [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well I like it. It may not be the best drumkit but it has character. I had some demos in my webpage but I\'ve deleted them. Maybe I\'ll post new ones some day...

But I understand now that there isn\'t any metal/rock bass in the market?!? Sample developers, make one!

Originally posted by Ewen:
    Try http://www.sonicimplants.com/sonicgiga/gigasamplerguitarbass.htm

There is a Hard Rock Pick Bass included in the Complete Guitar & Bass Collection CD-ROM
    (There is a demo to listen to too.)

Ewen
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well that\'s more like it! Too bad there\'s dozen instruments included in library that I don\'t need. That\'s why it costs too much...

Go Back to forum