• Register
  • Help

Topic: Deaf Organ

Share/Bookmark

Deaf Organ

Strange title is from the opening four notes of the pedals and the right hand. The form is AB A'B'. The structure is as simple as the performance is difficult. The mp3 uses GPO organ.

Deaf Organ

Richard

Re: Deaf Organ

Hello Richard!

This does indeed sound difficult! I do like the theme from part A, and part B provides a great contrast to the first part. That last minute or so just before the end is incredible! All sorts of movement all over the place - it just doesn't let go up until the very end! I really enjoyed that!

Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Hi Richard,

Do you have some kind of resentment towards organ players? This spectacular score (and fantastic music) must be a real torture for the ankles and feet of the performer... (LOL)

I particularly like the persistent chromatic movements. They have some heavenly direction (I don't know exactly why I say this, but that's how it feels - probably an association with church - organ - climbing - reaching some state of undefinable ecstasy...
    But it IS a challenging approach in modern organ literature AND a footwork exercise of top level!

Thanks for sharing

Well, thank you, Michael and Max!

Yes, Michael, lots of activity, maintains interest, and I hope keeps you a bit breathless, and with only three voices.

Max, I wrote this and the one prior to this because I have recently become acquainted with an organs with both the musical and technical abilities to perform such difficult music, and who has expressed some interest in my music.

I am fond of chromatic passages, and music which requires close attention, plenty of action, but without "busy work". You will find a completely different use of it in my Organ Symphony Nr 1. Attention grabbing, but not heavenly!

Richard

Richard,

This is a strangely fun and very interesting work to my ears. it takes you in a number of directions with a soft landing back on the ground.

Phil

Well, thank you, Phil. I really like your description, which quite accurately states my intention.

Richard

Fantastic! I've had to give this several listens over the past week, this has so many interesting facets to enjoy.

Way to pull out all the stops! (Um yeah, you never heard that one before.)

Go Back to forum