• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help me decide!

Help me decide!

Hello to everyone, i finally saved 1k to buy GOS, it took me a year, but now there are all of this new releases coming. NOw i cant decide between getting GOS full version or GOS lite and DDBE, providing that the price of DDBE given by someone (not Dan Dean) is right, 700 dlls. my work is related to church music, making arrengemente for recording of hymns and gospel songs, that are \"conservative\", ie no drumsets no bass, basically orchestral, i currently own, DD Solo strings, AO full set, and QLB. What do you suggest.

One more question, does anybady know how the upgrade path works for the GOS? ive seen the question here before but no answer, do i just pay the difference if i want the full version or is it a little more

Thank you for your sugestions

Excuse my english

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Help me decide!

Hiya! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I haven\'t received my copy of GOS yet but I think the upgrade is just the price difference between GOS Lite and GOS. I am not too sure where you live but me being in Australia, if I were to get GOS Lite and then upgrade to GOS later, it will take a whole lifetime (almost!) to reach me. So I went ahead and ordered the full version first time.

I always have a thing about waiting for libraries to come out. To me, waiting for a new library is not productive. If I can work with the libraries I have now, then there is no need to buy and I rather invest the money elsewhere and wait. But if I need something now, I will buy it because, even though good libraries are coming out in 2/3 months time, there\'s no point putting everything on hold for 2/3 months! Who knows, I may not even be here next week! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newer libraries are always going to be better, but whether its suitable for you could be a different story. In my opinion, great music can be made in any of the pass libraries from 2000 onwards.

Re: Help me decide!

Thankyou for your reply, i think i will order the whole library, by the way i live in mexico, but will be in the US next week, so i will have it pretty soon.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum