• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 1.2.1 update online !

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 1.2.1 update online !

Dear Kontakt users,

the long wait is over and the Kontakt 1.2.1 update is finally online.

Please follow this link to download the update:

http://www.native-instruments.net/index.php?kontaktupdates_us

We know that it took long for this update and many of you were suffering a long time. We do appriciate your patience and we hope that this update solves many of the problems you had with the previous version 1.2.

All the best from the Kontakt team.

Re: Kontakt 1.2.1 update online !

Originally posted by Martin Jann:
    Dear Kontakt users,

the long wait is over and the Kontakt 1.2.1 update is finally online.

Please follow this link to download the update:

http://www.native-instruments.net/index.php?kontaktupdates_us

We know that it took long for this update and many of you were suffering a long time. We do appriciate your patience and we hope that this update solves many of the problems you had with the previous version 1.2.

All the best from the Kontakt team.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for posting . I`m downloading it right now .
    BTW , I`ve sent you a private message .

Thanks Martin, I have successfully applied the update and converted one SOV patch and one AO clarinet. All the keyswitching worked. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

If I could make one request, Kontakt really needs to have a map displayed (like Giga) so that you can see what your keyswitching notes are. I opened up the mapping editor in Kontakt and whilst it shows the range of the instrument, I couldnt see any information relating to the keyswitching notes.

Regards, Scott.

Hmm.. good point.how will u know were all the keyswitchs are?Usually between C0 and C1,but i guess for now well just have to try them all and memorize!!Rich

OK.... I don\'t see any difference. I updated, and tried to load a Giga file of Steinway B and got the same message after about 3 minutes of it trying to load.....\"Memory is Running Below 8 MG....Are you sure you want to continue to load?\"

And this is in DFD mode.

Giga loaded this in about 3 seconds.

What gives? (I\'m on a Mac)

Isn\'t it in the sampler module?

I would gather that the giga studio conversions still isnt\' perfect tho, on multi dimension splits using CC controllers as dimension sitches, as Kontakt\'s system jsut doesn\'t support this.

or was this changed?

anyways, good to have an update.

Originally posted by tomhartman:
    OK.... I don\'t see any difference. I updated, and tried to load a Giga file of Steinway B and got the same message after about 3 minutes of it trying to load.....\"Memory is Running Below 8 MG....Are you sure you want to continue to load?\"

And this is in DFD mode.

Giga loaded this in about 3 seconds.

What gives? (I\'m on a Mac)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Tom have u tried playing around with the new buffer settings in \"options /DFD\" maybe this will help.Anyways ive hear the Giga KS now works well apon import but the MW stuff doesnt seem to automatically work at least for VOTA and iwas really hoping it would ohh well...Rich

[/qb][/QUOTE]Tom have u tried playing around with the new buffer settings in \"options /DFD\" maybe this will help.Anyways ive hear the Giga KS now works well apon import but the MW stuff doesnt seem to automatically work at least for VOTA and iwas really hoping it would ohh well...Rich [/QB][/QUOTE]

I tried a couple, not all. The options are silly....like \"do you want to load large memory sounds and get only a few voices, or small sounds, with lots of voices...\"

Hey, I want to load big sounds, with lots of voices. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] That\'s what DFD is all about. Shouldn\'t even have to answer that question.....frustrating.

Yea i know what u mean.Im haveing some good luck with \"high peformance(384 Pre-load)\" and Voice buffers cranked at .84mb. Getting no crackle.Getting more ram is a good workaround(2 gb)I looks at it this way (keeps me from gettign frustrated)Kontakt wasnt made for loading Huge Giga files,just like GS works better with .gig files.The whole thing works better with .nki files.Theres a really well converted .nki patch for Stienway B made by Oliver F. somewere on one of the NI kontackt forum post,but its old like 3 months ago or something..Rich

Originally posted by Rich Pell:
    Yea i know what u mean.Im haveing some good luck with \"high peformance(384 Pre-load)\" and Voice buffers cranked at .84mb. Getting no crackle.Getting more ram is a good workaround(2 gb)I looks at it this way (keeps me from gettign frustrated)Kontakt wasnt made for loading Huge Giga files,just like GS works better with .gig files.The whole thing works better with .nki files.Theres a really well converted .nki patch for Stienway B made by Oliver F. somewere on one of the NI kontackt forum post,but its old like 3 months ago or something..Rich
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Rich, to use that Steinway B patch, how would I do it? I have the Steinway in Giga format on my drive....if I open the patch, will it ask me where the samples are or something?
    Thanks

Go Back to forum