• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: what price wind controller?

Share/Bookmark

OT: what price wind controller?

I know this isn\'t really a sample-library-related question, but this seems to be where the action is.

Based on searching earlier posts, I\'m considering picking up a Yamaha WX5 wind controller. They seem to be going for about $600. Does anybody know of any place that sells them for less than that?

Thanks.

-Shawn

Re: OT: what price wind controller?

Possibly E-bay. But also consider the WX11 which I here is a major improvement.

Originally posted by peter269:
    Possibly E-bay. But also consider the WX11 which I here is a major improvement.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for responding, Peter. I thought the WX5 was released after the WX11.... though I guess that doesn\'t mean anything. Anybody with firsthand experience care to comment on which is better, the WX5 or the WX11? Also, do they still sell the WX11, or would I have to find it used? Thanks.

-Shawn

Hi Shawn.

Check out the International Wind Synthesists Association:
    http://windsynth.org/home.html

They have some specs on what\'s popular, as well as some mp3s for download.

The WX5 has more continuous controllers than the WX11. Also, the WX5 is newer and more expensive than the WX5.

I searched and searched for a place that offered it for less than $599. I finally found it for $579, but I can\'t remember where... one of the big online stores I think, either Sweetwater, Musiciansfriend, or zzounds.

But, you may want to check at a local Guitar Center. When I was looking for a new giga soundcard, they had it cheaper than any place online.

You probably already know this, but any giga instruments you want to use, you need to change the attenuation control to breath. Bruce Richardson has many times posted tips for using it with giga, search NS and you\'ll likely find \'em.

Go Back to forum