• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bagpipes?

Share/Bookmark

Bagpipes?

ok... I know of two celtic sample CD\'s which have bagpipes.. one from Zero-G and another which is from another developer I cant remember names \"Celtic Instruments\"

Are their others? I want it as authentic sounding as possible, with loads of articulations...

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Bagpipes?

Nick sampled some wickedly cool bagpipes in Rare Instruments. That sample library is full of amazing stuff. There are lots of characteristic performance techniques on keyswitches, the little appogiatura-like figures and ornamentations that bagpipe players use. You can get a very genuine sounding part.

Also check out World Winds...

Celic has bunch of cool performances and multis for the price..

Alex

Originally posted by Patriarch:
    ...Are their others?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can\'t really comment on their authenticity (and I don\'t own the set, I just remember seeing it listed) but Bolder Sounds offers bagpipes and Uilleann pipes on their \'Best of Bolder\' collection for GS. There are demos to listen to, so you should be able to tell if they\'re suitable.

VRsound has bagpipes including Uilleann types. I haven\'t any experience of them other than listening to the MP3s.

http://vrsound.com/bp_Bagpipes.html

I just went to look at Bruce\'s recommendation (seems to be great) but sadly it\'s $500. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Frank

**edit**
    I had a big message, but I missed the post about \'World Winds\'. That one sounds the best to me.
    Chris

Rare instruments work really well. if you don\'t need the tons of articulations you could get the prosamples edition - It works well too.

J-

Originally posted by Hardy Heern:
    VRsound has bagpipes including Uilleann types. I haven\'t any experience of them other than listening to the MP3s.

http://vrsound.com/bp_Bagpipes.html

I just went to look at Bruce\'s recommendation (seems to be great) but sadly it\'s $500. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Frank
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I suspect the bagpipes are better than they sound in the demos, because Vrsounds demos are votoriously bad. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Kind of like my spelling.

Ed

Go Back to forum