• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: free orchestral library.

Share/Bookmark

free orchestral library.

is there somebody out there who thinks if he will hit some big time money will head up to produce a top notch FREE orchestral library!!!!

and if some one ends up producing a monstrous free library what will be the future of commercial product???

this is one of my big time dreams to create a free top notch orchestral library but right now i\'m just too poor to buy even the existing ones [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: free orchestral library.

If I would, for example, win the lottery and be a rich sucker with 300 million dollars, I would VERY much indeed create free libraries.

I\'d just have the thrill of knowing I\'m putting people out of business... people who charge just way too much for libraries simply because the demand isn\'t high enough to replenish the expenses.

With the realism provide, I might as well buy the real instrument for just a little more. Of course, a $200,000 Steinway isn\'t something I\'d rather pay for than a $500 sample, but the point is in that usually, things don\'t work this way.

Besides... I\'d need a way to rid myself of the money. This would be a great way to make people all over the world happy! I\'m not saying a lot of this would be used to make GOOD music... but hey... there\'s crap, then there\'s gold.

Originally posted by Six Black Roses:
    I\'d just have the thrill of knowing I\'m putting people out of business... people who charge just way too much for libraries simply because the demand isn\'t high enough to replenish the expenses.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You might want to try a bit harder not to SOUND like you\'re just a smart *** teenager.

Nothing repulses me more than such blatant disrespect for the people who invest so much time, cash, and effort to put all these great sounds at our fingertips (even if I can\'t afford them all).

Oh I\'m sorry. I had no right to say that. I mean. Yeah. I really know nothing because I\'m a teenager. That MUST be it. Teenagers are always dumb. It\'s like a rule of logic. Hey, it\'s common sense to feel superior to someone simply because of being older than one.

Originally posted by robin123:
    is there somebody out there who thinks if he will hit some big time money will head up to produce a top notch FREE orchestral library!!!!

and if some one ends up producing a monstrous free library what will be the future of commercial product???

this is one of my big time dreams to create a free top notch orchestral library but right now i\'m just too poor to buy even the existing ones [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dream on.

I believe asianprince is coming out with a free orchestral library. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    http://www.geocities.com/asianprince213/

Originally posted by Six Black Roses:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">When you will earn your life you will want to be paid for your job. The better the quality the more you would ask. If your thoughts are really coherents ones then you should honestly work for free. There are people who did so in their life, they were very coherent persons.

I\'ve just read a book about the hungarian mathematician Paul Erdos, one of the smartest minds of 20th century, who spent his whole life (he died more than 80 years old) travelling through the whole world and being guest of his collegues and universities. He only owned two half empty suitcases and spent the whole day 19 hrs/24 doing and thinking about numbers. He published more than 1500 articles and produced the most elegant solutions to very difficult problems in the theory of numbers. He thought of math as a challenge against God, almost a divine kind of art. Everything he earned he gave to students or simply poor people he met in the street (of course he never had a family or a house or... anything, just his mother and many difficulties being an hungarian).

If you really think what you say that\'s the way. But you will not have a right to impose it to the others, just give one more example to follow [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Of course, a $200,000 Steinway isn\'t something I\'d rather pay for than a $500 sample, but the point is in that usually, things don\'t work this way.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">...and of course samples are far away from the world of real acoustic instruments (no matter if Steinways or not). If you can play them.

Besides... I\'d need a way to rid myself of the money. This would be a great way to make people all over the world happy!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s a good thing ideed!

Roberto

Careful, Black Rose boy, or I\'ll take away your car keys.

Originally posted by Damon:
    I believe asianprince is coming out with a free orchestral library. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    http://www.geocities.com/asianprince213/
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Damon, still got it in your favorites?! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

And by the way - I think there are some other teenagers on this BBS who are quite cool. And perhaps you are too, Black Roses, but when you make comments about the sheer glee of putting people out of business I have to assume that it\'s the immature side of your personality shining through.

We all say stupid, ignorant things when we\'re teenagers. We all say stupid, ignorant things as adults. . But hopefully, these sort of statements decrease over time with experience. If you had to work to make a living for yourself and possibly a family, I think you\'d be a bit less proud to drive people out of business.

I\'ll step off my soapbox now.

Go Back to forum