• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Im leaving this forum, goodbye to all!

Share/Bookmark

Im leaving this forum, goodbye to all!

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

Re: Im leaving this forum, goodbye to all!

Endicott, your farewell touches a note of empathy in us all.

What, may I ask, did you opt to replace thy ill-beloved Giga?

Austin

I\'ll just say that as a new user your post really scared me because as you said I also get a festival of blue sceens many, many times a day.
    My Akai and Roland samplers look at me from the bottom of the racks and laught (I imagine).
    I do not, however.
    Ric

I\'ll just say that as a new user your post really scared me because as you said I also get a festival of blue sceens many, many times a day. My Akai and Roland samplers look at me from the bottom of the racks and laught (I imagine).I do not, however.

I\'ve read some of the frustrations that have been spewed on this message board and most of it is understandable. Those Akai and Roland samplers you mentioned were made and bred from the bottom-up to be used strictly as sample playback and editing machines, they\'re internal components dole out the same routine over and over again, never to deviate to carry out the odd number crunching, game-playing, or internet-surfing task. Your average PC system today is one of the most unnecessarily complex piece of consumer electronics ever created. If it was ever simple at one time it has long ago mutated into a strange, backward-backward-compatible, over-modified box full of discrete components. If you\'re having excessive problems with blue screens and sudden freezing then chances are it is a driver problem. One thing to note is that some soundcards, video and other drivers replace certain .dll files with older versions, which can crash your sequencer or Gigastudio. Sometimes the driver setup procedure will alert you if a .dll file is being replaced but most of the time you\'re completely unaware. By the time you find out, you have no idea which file was replaced with what and where. Start with a win98 or win95 installation and step by step add each major driver (soundcard(s), video, etc) Install your sequencer first and see if it works ok (including audio features, etc) If all is OK try Gigastudio and see if both it and your sequencer can coexist ok. Yeah, Gigastudio is still full of bloody bugs and it\'s sometimes hard to tell whether you\'re having problems with your drivers or if it is the sampler itself.

Regards,
    F. Juma.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>

Yeah, Gigastudio is still full of bloody bugs and it\'s sometimes hard to tell whether you\'re having problems with your drivers or if it is the sampler itself.

Regards,
    F. Juma.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That\'s the issue though, regardless of the source of the stability problems it makes the whole thing just not worth it. Combine that with a company that does not respond to users in a timely fashion - and what do you get? probably Chapter 11.

-david abraham

I can understand that may be the average user of GS is sharing a PC for Sampler tasks and many others, like secuencer and internert access. In that case I can see a source of trouble.
    In my case I\'m a Mac user and my Pc is strictly used for Gs and nothing more. The only thing that I ask for this nice 3K of equipment is tho behave as a sampler, not the blue screen from hell.
    Gess what? Still I can\'t.
    I\'ll keep trying, because I\'ve made an investment here and I see potencial, like the ability to play samples as long as you want ant to have many of them loaded at once. But as a professional musisian my main interes is make music and not became a computes geek and all of this situation do not help to achieve that goal.
    Ric

I run 3 PC\'s dedicated to Gigastudio day in and day out, for a year now, with complete stability and reliability.

I know this doesn\'t help any of you with problems, but I feel Nemesys sometimes gets a bad rap in these here forums.

Happy Holidays
    - Chris

They deserve the bad rap if this many people have this many problems with their product and their support. Granted, Windows suck big time, but there are many things they can do to make their product better.

I don\'t know gentlemen. Gigasampler works great for me. I really dig it. Peace.

Works great for me and I\'m running an old PII 450 with cakewalk on the same computer with GS. Sorry to hear of the troubles others are having.

Go Back to forum