• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Grandioso is great

Share/Bookmark

Grandioso is great

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Grandioso is great

In case anyone wants to check out Olivier\'s valuable output in this community, scroll up, hit the search button, and do a search in this group under his member number, #1829. Then behold--his entire output, his entire contribution--has been to criticize Michiel Post\'s work (and occasionally others) and propose the Olivier Truan Steinway B as superior to all.

A friendly public service reminder from your local bull-chit-detecting curmudgeon. The meter\'s off the scale!! This post, like Olivier\'s others, gets the coveted \"five piles\" rating.

Suggested listening: Olivier\'s helpful link. Thanks for that. People can easily go listen for themselves, and surprise!! While both pianos are well within the scope of a well tuned and recorded piano, the Truan Steinway is by far the more \"chorusy\" of the two. The Post is considerably more \"up the middle\" with far less harmonic intermingling. Neither of which is a quality indicator in the least--different perspectives for different applications and results. Both are excellent and useful instruments.

I personally like the EW Steinway a lot, but what you\'re doing is not kosher Olivier. Why promote your product by detriment of another guy\'s work?

Plus, I think your comment in the line of \"I know what a Steinway sounds like, I\'ve played in one\" is a little arrogant too.

Yes, i\'am agree with you.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Arkadine, he never said he played IN one, it was ON one! (Now playing IN a Steinway conjures up some pretty bizarre images...., mind you - that might explain a preference for \'close\' micing)

Originally posted by Techmusicom:

i\'m a pianist and i work in a Bank !!

i give just my opinion

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Olivier, many people choose the Truan Steinway as their favorite piano for GigaStudio. That is not the point. You don\'t post here to say that. You post here, every time, to actively harm the reputation of Michiel Post. That is called a vendetta, not an opinion.

And unless you\'re playing a lounge gig in the bank lobby, that would make you a BANKER, not a pianist.

The word pianist implies that it\'s your profession--pharmacist, psychologist, botanist...you get the picture. Or maybe not.

Bruce -this is not necessarily always the case... Musicians (especially!) have often to rely on an alternate activity in order to eat and clothe themselves...

Yes, i\'m agree with you. I\'m a bad pianist.

i play with one finger

Hi,

yes, the Grandios is the best Piano i\'ve ever seen around the world

Go Back to forum