• Register
  • Help

Topic: Purrfect Drums

Share/Bookmark

Purrfect Drums

Hi!
    Just purchased Purrfect Drums from Studio Kat.
    Pretty nice samples, but was wondering if anyone out there had any new articulation files for these samples?
    Im used to having drums in the GM map, and these are all over the place.

How hard is it to assign a group of samples to a particular key?

Can I take a snare drum for example and easily move it where I am used to having it?
    Thanks for any help!
    Keith
    http://www.brokenrecords.com

Re: Purrfect Drums

Hi Keith,

The kits aren\'t laid out in GM format... because there are too many articulations.
    ie: We have 17 different hi-hat articulations... whereas GM allows 4-5.

If you open the Gig files in the patch editor, you can easily move articulations around... and re-map them. Modern Sequencers also have this capability. ie: Sonar has a drum mapper where you can re-map any midi output note to any other.

Jim Roseberry
    www.studiocat.com
    jim@studiocat.com

Thanks Jim,
    I have Sonar and will dig into that feature.
    Nice sounds, the more I play them the more I like them.
    The toms are almost \"too real\" hehe!
    Keith

Are there any convincing Purrrfect Drum demo\'s out there??? I\'ve only heard that \'big head\' demo awhile back...needless to say...it was....er.....bad.....everyone raves about this library...LETS HEAR IT SHINE!!!!!! Could someone post a quick demo....just a few measures [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I wanna hear what everyone is talking about!

JPS

Originally posted by J.P. Schwinghamer:
    Are there any convincing Purrrfect Drum demo\'s out there??? I\'ve only heard that \'big head\' demo awhile back...needless to say...it was....er.....bad.....everyone raves about this library...LETS HEAR IT SHINE!!!!!! Could someone post a quick demo....just a few measures [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I wanna hear what everyone is talking about!

JPS
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can tell you this...it is the only time I\'ve ever had people in my control room say \"Good grief...it sounds like a real drummer is in there...\" . There is a huge sense of immediacy to these samples...they are pristine and in your face like no other library I\'ve heard. I still use other libraries for some things (Kingidiot was kind enough to point out REALGIGA and it\'s multiple miking options and I love those for certain kinds of tracks), but overall, Jim\'s set is a total steal at the price, and impressive beyond all expectations. I look forward to Jim adding more toms in the future, as the ones included are great, but ring out so long , and so deeply, that they need a lot of tweaking in your track (but sound great.) Forget the demo. This library is a no brainer. Like \"Rare Instruments.\" JMHO, of course....

Go Back to forum