• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Legato Strings without Gigastudio?

Share/Bookmark

Legato Strings without Gigastudio?

How can I get legato strings (with the transitions in between notes) without having to buy Gigastudio/VSL? Is there a cheaper alternative, that can play as a vst or in Kompakt? I just want the strings (both solo and ensemble) to have those transitions between notes that make them sound like they\'re \'bending\' instead of being played on the keyboard.

Re: Legato Strings without Gigastudio?

You just described the strings in Garritan Personal Orchestra.

I didn\'t know GPO has transition legato samples?

Can you point me to a demo where I can hear them in action?

Gee how did they cramed it all up in those 2GB.

Alex

Check out the demo page on the Garritan site. The examples from Francesco Marchetti are particularly good. He even employs some portamento (glissando) in some places that sound very musical and natural. That plus the built in legato mode and short bow alternator makes for a compelling and convincing sound.

Francesco Marchetti - TILL THE END

thanks for the link...

doesn\'t sound like if there are recorded transition samples...does it? Sounds more like release plus nontransition short samples in maestro..

Neole asked for something as an alternative to VSL.

AleX

SI may not have Maestro, but it still sounds much better to me than any Garritan demo Ive heard.

BTw, you (edit CAN get legato strings without GIGA becuase VSL has an ESX version.

Ed

Alex, it sounds like you\'re being argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. There\'s really no need.

GPO is no VSL, and I don\'t think anyone would ever argue that, and if you want legato like VSL\'s, you\'ll obviously have to buy VSL or, maybe, Opus 1.

But you can\'t beat the price of GPO, and the legato function is excellent as Francesco\'s demo shows. Neole was looking for something less expensive, then maybe GPO will do the job.

How does the GPO legato function work? Do I just insert the instruments as a vst plugin and then play a midi track and it automatically comes out as legato (like the vsl performance tool) or do I have to do some other complicated stuff?

I cant find any information on this on the garritan website. It says -
    \"PERSONAL ORCHESTRA CONTROLS - More Information available soon.\"

I assume there is no other alternative to VSL\'s legato and GPO comes the closest?

Originally posted by robgb:
    Alex, it sounds like you\'re being argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. There\'s really no need.

GPO is no VSL, and I don\'t think anyone would ever argue that, and if you want legato like VSL\'s, you\'ll obviously have to buy VSL or, maybe, Opus 1.

But you can\'t beat the price of GPO, and the legato function is excellent as Francesco\'s demo shows. Neole was looking for something less expensive, then maybe GPO will do the job.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Rob,

Your post is honest and informative...

you will agree that

\"You just described the strings in Garritan Personal Orchestra. \"

is not... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

What\'s \'SI\' ?

Go Back to forum