• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 3 set up

Share/Bookmark

Giga 3 set up

I just built my new giga pc and will be upgrading to Giga 3 when it comes out.

My question is.... will I have to load my old version of Giga and upgrade that or will it be a new installation.

anyone heard?

Thanks
    Giga...

Re: Giga 3 set up

Gigga,

it is my understanding that this is a completely new product..We\'ll all see what the install does to the old v2.54. My guess is that it will delete it and clean up the registry file free of v2.54 leaving your Giga projects untouched

Alan Russell

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">We\'ll all see what the install does to the old v2.54. My guess is that it will delete it and clean up the registry file free of v2.54 leaving your Giga projects untouched
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That would be scary. What if there were bugs that prevented you from working? You couldn\'t fall back on the old version if the installer erased it.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well if you have the CDs for 2.5x then you\'re all set. Just reinstall.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">We\'ll all see what the install does to the old v2.54. My guess is that it will delete it and clean up the registry file free of v2.54 leaving your Giga projects untouched
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That would be scary. What if there were bugs that prevented you from working? You couldn\'t fall back on the old version if the installer erased it.

Lee Blaske
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Their methodology has always let you go backwards easily. No difference here, I\'m sure.

Go Back to forum