• Register
  • Help

Topic: Are the Kirk Hunter strings out yet? Or...

Share/Bookmark

Are the Kirk Hunter strings out yet? Or...

Hiya all,

I have AO and Smart Violins and think they are ok and fun to play but not very inspiring. US I don\'t have but if I am buying US for up/down strokes I may as well get GOS.

String ensembles:
    GOS, SI, Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings

String solos:
    Dan Dean Solo Strings

I was doing a search in the forum earlier and have read a few things which I need to clarify,

(1) Kirk: You are working on a super string library comparable to GOS and SI, is that true? With samples from ppppppp to fffff?

(2) The current Virtuoso String library is basically the AKAI version from a couple years ago that is being converted to Giga format plus more options added to it, is that true? All the demos currently on kirkhunterstudios.com are basically from this Giga library?

(3) Is Gary going to release solo strings as an update to GOS? Or would we need to pay more?

(4) Is Dan Dean Solo Strings worth getting now on top of GOS or should I wait until the Kirk Hunter solo strings are out?

(5) What about the solo strings that will be released on Big Fish Audio? When is that coming out?

I think that\'s it.

Kirk: Please release your solo strings as separate instruments! I am ever only interested in solo violins and would gladly pay a higher price for just that one instrument with plenty of options than have a cut down version but with cello, viola and db.

For the moment, looks like I will be getting GOS. But not sure if I should also get DDSS or just hold up until Kirk or Gary releases their solo versions?

Thanks people!

meeehoon

Re: Are the Kirk Hunter strings out yet? Or...

Originally posted by meeehoon:
    (3) Is Gary going to release solo strings as an update to GOS? Or would we need to pay more?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m pretty sure Garys solo strings will be sold seperately and not as a free update.

Originally posted by meeehoon:
    Hiya all,

I was doing a search in the forum earlier and have read a few things which I need to clarify,

(1) Kirk: You are working on a super string library comparable to GOS and SI, is that true? With samples from ppppppp to fffff?

(2) The current Virtuoso String library is basically the AKAI version from a couple years ago that is being converted to Giga format plus more options added to it, is that true? All the demos currently on kirkhunterstudios.com are basically from this Giga library?

meeehoon
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s true that I\'m working on a new string library. The dynamics will be in the range you mention. However, I\'ve been putting the brass and solo strings on the front burner, so don\'t expect the new string sections until late in the year or by NAMM.
    The current version of the VS strings is NOT the old AKAI version at all. They\'re Giga-Native and have a lot more stuff in them than the AKAI has. The demos on the site are all right \"out of the box\" in that they were recorded directly out of the Giga Studio without any external effects.
    Here are a few demos of the upcoming solo strings...These are of the violin solo:

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/Vivaldi.mp3
    http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/Mendl.mp3
    http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/Fiddlin.mp3

Wow these sound great Kirk!

I look forward to hearing more. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wow Kirk, I have to say that solo violin sounds fantastic. Nice work [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Charlie Miller:
    Hi Kirk,

I heard the solo strings Vivaldi.mp3 & Mendl.mp3 demos, and I like them. When do you imagine the solo strings will be will be available?

Thanks, Charlie jazzhorn@bellsouth.net
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m hoping that first versions of the solo strings will be ready in a couple months, but it could be sooner. Thanks for asking. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hiya Kirk,

Thanks for the info! Listened to the solo violin demos and Mendl.mp3 was pushing me near to my crying zone and I liked the other 2 demos a lot too! Although, I have probably listened to Mendl about 100 times before I moved on! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

It will be great to have these solo violins soon! I think they are just simply wonderful! Keep up the great work!!!

Many years ago I would think that the biggest problem is not having any decent string libraries on the market, but nowadays the biggest problem is deciding which one to buy... Aiyhhh...

meeehoon

Hi Kirk,

I heard the solo strings Vivaldi.mp3 & Mendl.mp3 demos, and I like them. When do you imagine the solo strings will be will be available?

Thanks, Charlie jazzhorn@bellsouth.net

Go Back to forum