I have AO and Smart Violins and think they are ok and fun to play but not very inspiring. US I don\'t have but if I am buying US for up/down strokes I may as well get GOS.
GOS, SI, Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings
Dan Dean Solo Strings
I was doing a search in the forum earlier and have read a few things which I need to clarify,
(1) Kirk: You are working on a super string library comparable to GOS and SI, is that true? With samples from ppppppp to fffff?
(2) The current Virtuoso String library is basically the AKAI version from a couple years ago that is being converted to Giga format plus more options added to it, is that true? All the demos currently on kirkhunterstudios.com are basically from this Giga library?
(3) Is Gary going to release solo strings as an update to GOS? Or would we need to pay more?
(4) Is Dan Dean Solo Strings worth getting now on top of GOS or should I wait until the Kirk Hunter solo strings are out?
(5) What about the solo strings that will be released on Big Fish Audio? When is that coming out?
I think that\'s it.
Kirk: Please release your solo strings as separate instruments! I am ever only interested in solo violins and would gladly pay a higher price for just that one instrument with plenty of options than have a cut down version but with cello, viola and db.
For the moment, looks like I will be getting GOS. But not sure if I should also get DDSS or just hold up until Kirk or Gary releases their solo versions?