• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bill Brown type huge ambient snare sound

Share/Bookmark

Bill Brown type huge ambient snare sound

The G-Town snares were damn good and its the closest thing ive got to hearing the type of snares Bill Brown uses a lot on his music. Im pretty sure (pretty damn sure) its custom made. Can anyone that knows what im on about tell me when some bright spark is going to make this for a commercial lib? or, like the awesome person that made the G-Town percussion distribte for free. But for quality like what im talking about sure i would definitly pay for it.
    Know what I mean?
    Ed

Re: Bill Brown type huge ambient snare sound

Originally posted by Ed:
    The G-Town snares were damn good and its the closest thing ive got to hearing the type of snares Bill Brown uses a lot on his music. Im pretty sure (pretty damn sure) its custom made. Can anyone that knows what im on about tell me when some bright spark is going to make this for a commercial lib? or, like the awesome person that made the G-Town percussion distribte for free. But for quality like what im talking about sure i would definitly pay for it.
    Know what I mean?
    Ed
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">When I sampled those GTown snares I couldnt get any good snares so I had to use a very old crappy one. I will, sooner or later, hire some quality snares and record them the same way i recorded those toms2. Wish i had more time..hehe

/Tobias

Re: Bill Brown type huge ambient snare sound

Bill Brown does use custom samples. The snares he uses most were recorded live for him, he constantly experiments with different ways of creating the ambiance and natural reverb in his samples. Last time i contacted him he claimed to be trying to record a snare in a hi rise carpark to capture the amazing sound it would make..

He said that he is always looking for unusual ways of creating insruments for his library.

Oh well

Go Back to forum