• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is Metamorphosis still worth getting?

Share/Bookmark

Is Metamorphosis still worth getting?

I\'d love to buy Metamorphosis becauase it sounds like just the right sort of library I need (if I\'m not mistaken, I think Trevor Jones used it in the From Hell score) - but this is my point, has it been TOO widely used?

Re: Is Metamorphosis still worth getting?

I know I have it, so yes, probably. I didn\'t use it as much though. I kinda had hoped that there was a bigger variety of loops on it and that it covered many different musical styles. But it didn\'t. All the loops can be categorized as...well, Metamorphosis!

That\'s why I never bought Stylus. I\'ve heard on so many occasions that it was very, very HipHop minded.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by brewick:
    I\'d love to buy Metamorphosis becauase it sounds like just the right sort of library I need (if I\'m not mistaken, I think Trevor Jones used it in the From Hell score) - but this is my point, has it been TOO widely used?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I wish I bought that library... I might do it soon! :-)
    If you customize it (with Groove Control) it will become anew library... also with Stylus RMX it will be a new planet!

Best,

Simone Coen

Cheers guys. Maybe I\'ll hold back buying this at the moment - I\'m really looking for something different to merge with an orchestral sound, though it doesn\'t have to be loop-based.

You\'re damn right - how good is that From Hell score!

Doug, the answer from me is YES! Get it.

Meta has tons of awesome sounds and yes I do hear some of the loops in movies occasionally but..

It comes with Groove Control and gives you the freedom to chop them up, change the tempo and pitch and layer to your hearts content.

I am very glad I got this lib but then I say that about all of E.P\'s products. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers Scott, I haven\'t heard a bad thing about this library (or Eric Persing products per see for that matter) - in fact everyone says it\'s awesome. At £150 I\'d be crazy not to get it I guess.

get it... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Metamorphosis is great. The only way you\'ll be sounding like everybody else in using it is if you just literally drop the loops into place.

Using the Groove Control versions, you can rearrange them, change the level of \"swing,\" etc. You could get a lot of mileage putting them into an app like Intakt or Reaktor.

You can also \"play\" within a tempo group, combining the loops in real time. Then you just quantize your little jam to the tempo of the group, and it all locks in.

The thing with ANY loop library is that you should put something into it. If you just choose a loop and say, \"Yeah, that\'s the groove,\" then sumperimpose it over an entire tune or cue, you run that risk of wearing out a library.

How does groovecontrol on Metamorphosis work in sequencers like Sonar? Is it the same as how Stylus works? I have Kompakt and Sonar 3. I love the groovecontrol in Stylus but Metamorphosis being an older library might ave something different.

Go Back to forum