• Register
  • Help

Topic: All This Sample License Stuff

Share/Bookmark

All This Sample License Stuff

I have a very basic question regarding all the sample licensing issues and some of the rights to use.

If you can\'t compose/arrange/orchestrate using samples you purchase, and then market the result as your own works (as in movie sound tracks).....what is the point of using samples? Is it just for your own amazement?

I think samples are like the sounds a specific guitar or flute or horn makes when you play them, and just one source of the raw material to create music with. Is this not so?

Yes, there is work involved in creating the sounds and articulations etc, but isn\'t this what you pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for? The \"manufacturer\'s\" efforts?

What is the logic of not permitting a sample to be used for a totally original work that is to be marketed? The sample is no more the \'creation\' than the \'sound\'of a guitar.

Pay for the work that was done to create it? YES. Pay just because the \'sounds\' used are the source of someone\'s original musical creation? NO

It\'s like saying.......here\'s a recording of the pledge of alliegence......You can buy it and recite it, but you can\'t use any of the words to make a new speech, and sell it, woutout paying me a license fee.

Larry

Re: All This Sample License Stuff

Originally posted by Larry Negro:
    I have a very basic question regarding all the sample licensing issues and some of the rights to use.

If you can\'t compose/arrange/orchestrate using samples you purchase, and then market the result as your own works (as in movie sound tracks).....what is the point of using samples? Is it just for your own amazement?

Larry
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can only speak for Bigga Giggas, but with our CD\'s you can use them to compose/use/sell your own musical work without paying any extra.

You can use Scarbee libraries on all your music stuff! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But you can\'t use the samples to create another sample CD. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Thomas

Mr.Larry Negro

I think Ilio`s libraries are OK to use in your
    original work too . I thought almost all of the
    libraries out there were OK to use in your
    original music .

But you cant make DLS Banks out of the samples .
    There maybe some companies that alow this tho .

Veron

I forgot to write this.

I used the word \" use \" in my sentence.
    This means

\"using the library for your original music
    and selling the original music \"

Veron

Only limitations with Vintaudio\'s libraries is you can\'t modify the samples and resell them as a sample library.

For the rest you can use them in any type of music show or recording without any limitations to their use.

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio Prod.
    www.vintaudio.com

Go Back to forum