• Register
  • Help

Topic: NemeSys Midi Out port makes Cakewalk stop playing digital audio

Share/Bookmark

NemeSys Midi Out port makes Cakewalk stop playing digital audio

Hi,

I am using GigaStudio 96 and Cakewalk 9. Giga works fine by itself but Cakewalk no longer works now that I installed Giga. I went through all of Cake\'s troubleshooting and found that disabling the NemeSys Midi Out port in the \"Options\"->\"Midi Devices\" menu in Cake allows Cake to again play audio. Of course then I can\'t control Giga from Cake, which was the whole point in buying GigaStudio... I\'m stuck.

Does anyone know of any bugs / updates to Giga or Cakewalk 9 that could cause this type of conflict? Depending on my computer\'s mood I either get about a 20ms loop of the beginning of the audio track that just hangs or no sound at all.

I am using a PIII 700 and a Terratec EWS88MT (which I really don\'t recommend, BTW, it has been involved in all of my system problems so far. I\'s my roommate\'s card and I don\'t have the money to buy anything else right now...) I might finally break down and test this with different audio cards but I am hoping to find some patches first before I rip this box apart *again*. If anyone has had similar problems or has suggestions I would very much appriciate a reply!

Thanks,
    Ben

Re: NemeSys Midi Out port makes Cakewalk stop playing digital audio

Now it\'s cakewalk 9.03, problem still not fixed... I also updated to the August release of the Terratec drivers (didn\'t realize I was out of date) and it\'s still a problem. I haven\'t been able to find Giga\'s updates and patches on the website. Do they exist somewhere?

I applied the GigaStudio 2.01 patch, still broken.

I use Cakewalk 9.03 and GigaStudio 96 together with no problems. I\'m using SB Live and MidiMan sound boards. I always launch Cakewalk first and the GigaStudio. I have run into problems running Cakewalk from GigaStudio.

In case anyone else has a similar problem, problem solved. I\'m now using Hubi\'s MIDI Loopback (freeware) to do MIDI routing, not the Nemesys MIDI Ports. It works great

That\'s great you got it to work.

But it\'s a workaround, and I believe there may be a true fix. Read on. LOTS of people on this board run into these problems with Cakewalk and GS, ALL versions.

I went back through the posts to earlier this year and this may fix many people\'s problems:

1. Shut down all programs.

2. Go to Windows Control Panel->System->Device Manager->Your Soundcard->settings

3.Check checkboxes Multi-client Audio and multi-client MIDI.

4. Start GS, then Cakewalk from GS.

Dan

I\'ll try that, thanks! I just had GS crash with a .drv file that looks like a dynamic link library from Hubi\'s MIDI loopback. It crashed several times this weekend, so maybe Hubi isn\'t the solution after all, especially if this works. I still think it\'s a great MIDI router. My box just has so many issues recently! First thing I\'m gonna do is reinstall everything again. My roomate keeps loading all these stupid appz on it... *sigh*

dan i couldn\'t find that feature in windows 98.

I found at least the \"Settings\" tab for my Soundblaster card but not that setting. The Terratec card doesn\'t even have a \"Settings\" tab in it\'s properties in Device Manager.

Oh well...

Go Back to forum