• Register
  • Help

Topic: Samples for Techno Music

Share/Bookmark

Samples for Techno Music

Hi,

I\'m starting to explore the techno music genre and I don\'t have good techno sound/libs in my computer. Is there any free good libs of techno sound? And what commercial lib is the \"best\" for real techno sound?

sincerely,
    Falcon1

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Samples for Techno Music

Originally posted by falcon1:
    Hi,

I\'m starting to explore the techno music genre and I don\'t have good techno sound/libs in my computer. Is there any free good libs of techno sound? And what commercial lib is the \"best\" for real techno sound?

sincerely,
    Falcon1
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think that the sky\'s the limit there. However, having produced quite a bit of music in that genre, I think GigaStudio\'s probably not your best tool overall...do you have soft-synths? The stuff from Native Instruments is all killer, and you can\'t go wrong with any of it. Especially Reaktor--that\'s the ultimate.

Hi,

I forgot to ask the experts here, what techno songs I should listen to get to really know this genre. In other words, what is the most popular techno songs out there?

As I said I\'m just starting to get involved in techno so bare with me.

sincerely,
    Falcon1

Ps. I got demo of Reaktor so I\'ll try to figure it out how to make sound in it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Falcon1,

Have you looked at Reason2? it is geared towards softsynths..

You might post/browse over at www.sonikmatter.com
    Pretty knowledgeable guys who are into quality, but are more into that area. Seems like mostly classical guys around here (and that\'s a GOOD thing, right? no flames please...)

Anyway, they will also help you delineate between the numerous sub-genres within that style (a little confusing to the outsider, sometimes....I don\'t grasp the subtleties myself)

Try Primesound, www.primesounds.com
    They have a lot of loops and stuff!

re: ninriggs - I\'m gona try a demo of the Native products and check if I can learn to use those products.

re: Austin - Ok, I\'ll try that. Thx! Also, my background is all classical so I think it\'s better music in terms of quality etc. (remember my oppinion!). However, I just love to experiment and I hadn\'t tried techno yet so now I\'m gona try to see if I can do something techno. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Maybe I\'ll post the result here, if I may.

re: Worra - Thx for the link, I\'ll check it out.

Again thanks for your help.

sincerely,
    Falcon1

Go Back to forum