• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Debussy Mockup

Debussy Mockup

Here\'s my mockup of the 2nd movement of Debussy\'s La Mer - Jeux de vagues.

I substituted 2 of the Cor Anglais solos with firstly a French Horn, then Bassoon, as I don\'t think there\'s a sample that can stand the scrutiny (yet!).

The Violin solo is 8ve up as it sounded more convincing.

Hope you enjoy it.

Andy Blaney.

p.s. Thanks to Peter Roos for the offer of hosting the file, but you were right it was too big to email.

Re: Debussy Mockup

Hi Andy,

Allow me to post the corrected link:

I think this is an incredible accomplishment!

I am a bit intrigued by the \"mono-ish\" sound of the string parts in the center of the stereo field and by the instrument noises. Can you disclose what libraries you have used?

Hi Andy,
    what a huge work you did!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Very convincing.

Many congratulations.
    Bravo! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That is seriously impressive Andy!. Ignoring the recording issues (which don\'t particularly bug me), it sounds very performed and realistic with very sensitive use of the dynamics. I think its the most impressive mock-up I\'ve heard to date.

WOW - OMG! Andy, that\'s pretty extraordinaire. Claude would be proud, I\'m sure. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Holy cow!

South Ken, London

I\'ve just been pulled away from work to listen to this. Bloody amazing [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] . What libraries did you use?. I\'ve never had faith that samples could pull off this level of detail until now. Time to un-book the session guys and get whatever it is you\'ve been using. It definitely blows away anything else I\'ve heard and the programming is second to none.

Incredible work! I look forward to hearing what sample libraries were used.

Did you sequence each line from your piano? Or use notation software as a grounding point?

Andy,That\'s awesome! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] very great work!

I bet there are now quite a few people playing and re-playing this piece to discover some of your secrets Andy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Like the legato string stuff at 4:35 and 4:37

BTW: I actually get memories of good old Tomita, which much be at least 25 years ago. With ALL due respect for craftmanship.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast