• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Looking for the best PIANO possible

Share/Bookmark

Looking for the best PIANO possible

Hi,

I\'m looking for the best sampled piano possible (for general use). I could try GigaPiano and it was pretty cool, but the thing is... I have to confess, I just hate Gigastudio so [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'d like to buy the most convincing piano available in Kontakt format. I\'d be grateful for any advice.

Thanks !
    Nino

Re: Looking for the best PIANO possible

I\'d say spend a little while on this forum and you\'ll know there is no such thing as the best sampled piano.

I can say the Gigapiano isn\'t it though [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It all depends on what you need it for; the kind of playing you do, the situation you play in (studio or live).
    Should it be a dark piano or a bright one, should it have ambience in the samples or should it be dry, etc. I could go on for a while.

If you\'r asking for the best sampled piano in terms of samples per note, then the White Grand of Sampletekk would be it. It\'s available in Kontakt format.

Listen to demos, check the sample details and read what people have to say about it.

A list of available piano samples is on this thread.

Nino,

have you listened to the User Demos of The Bardstown Borsendorfer Imperial Grand. Kip McGinnis has it in any format. At present I do use the Kontakt version.

Here\'s the link to the Mp\'s:

http://bardstownaudio.com/frames/mp3.html

Alan Russell

If you\'r asking for the best sampled piano in terms of samples per note, then the White Grand of Sampletekk would be it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s the piano that sounds the least static. The demo is a joy to play.

The Bards Bose sounds great in the 24 bit Kontakt version. Lots of knobs and stuff you can play around with, but it\'s hard to improve on the out of the box sound. I\'ve never heard a better sampled piano.

I hate Gigastudio too - and I even don´t think giga piano is a good choice. It has lots of layers but if you are a pianist you can easily realise that it does not sound as the real thing!!!

I´m using Bosendorfer plug-in. I´m very satisfied with it but not 100%. I would recommend it - Kompakt interface - real ambience - two microphones position - 24bits...

The White Grand is my current fave. A truly GORGEOUS piano! I also use the Vintaudio Yamaha C7 and I like it VERY much as well! Pretty cool times we live in to have these kinds of choices.

Yes, the Art Vista Malmsjo is great. It\'s very woody and mellow but doesn\'t really go much above forte. I have it and the PMI Bosendorfer which is a much sharper, more concert orientated piano. Sometimes I use both within the same piece to create a single super-piano with many tone colours. It\'s time consuming, but the results can be magical.

You might want to wait a while for Art Vista\'s new Steinway which should be out fairly soon. The early demos sounded incredibly \"alive\".

Luck
    Heath

Originally posted by Nino Mojo:
    Hi,

I\'m looking for the best sampled piano possible (for general use). I could try GigaPiano and it was pretty cool, but the thing is... I have to confess, I just hate Gigastudio so [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'d like to buy the most convincing piano available in Kontakt format. I\'d be grateful for any advice.

Thanks !
    Nino
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Since you mention \"for general use,\" I would also vote for the White Grand. It handles pop and jazz VERY well, and the \"classical\" demos sound amazingly good too.

It is always best to listen to as many demos as possible of all the various sampled pianos and trust \"your own ears\" as to what sounds best to you, rather than trying to get the most popular consensus in these discussion forums. What you hear in the demos is what you will be getting.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum