• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free--hey, I'm only 15 years old--dblbase, cello, viola, violin samples worth using?

Share/Bookmark

~

Re: Free--hey, I\'m only 15 years old--dblbase, cello, viola, violin samples worth using?

Hahaha, hey there. Well my friend, if you have Gigastudio, you\'re in luck! Convince your mom to buy the $600 gigastudio software and the $1000 Garritan strings library and maybe on top of that the KH Series and the Sonic Implants for another $2000. If you have all these, ($3600 in all) you can create some convincing string works! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Free--hey, I\'m only 15 years old--dblbase, cello, viola, violin samples worth using?

Wouldn\'t a viola cost less than all that?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Not a good one, and all you\'d have is a viola. What about your violin, bass, cello, (and of course all the other families-brass, winds, etc.)

With Giga, you can have it all as you can afford it (start small, expand slowly to full orchestra,

Listen to the demos from the better GS composers-Thomas J, Maarten Sprujit, Simon Ravn, etc. (Sorry if I\'ve left you off the list...) and see if they convince you.

Look for a post from somebody that sat down with a bunch of soundtrack albuns and listened from the point of view ofconsidering thes (live) orchestras to be sample, and what gave it away (he found as many anomolies in the real tracks as in the samples!0

Then you decide.

Good luck with your music.

Dasher

Six Black... with ONE viola and a young player, there is no way you can do viola ensembles of 12 players, violin ensembles of 10-16 players, cello ensembles, double basses etc - all recorded with great care in studios and concert halls. If you listen to orchestral music, you dont hear ONE violin and ONE viola usually Unless it\'s a solo work of course. So no, your viola won\'t let you create symphonic music, if that\'s what you want. Also, maybe you want the rest of the symphony orchestra too.

SBR,
    Hi. Maybe try this. Go to Worra\'s Place and download some GigaSampler libraries for free. Then get Chicken Systems Translator and convert to whatever format you need right now. You can go to sound font which is a good place to start if you don\'t have GigaStudio.

Worra\'s Place

Chcken Systems

Good luck.
    Mark

Is this a joke?

This topic is very queer indeed!

JPS

Go Back to forum