• Register
  • Help

Topic: VERY OT: A Hilarious Recording Diary

VERY OT: A Hilarious Recording Diary

Anybody who has spent any time recording bands will find this ongoing saga absolutely hilarious. This guy knows how to write, and he\'s got some great raw material.

Re: VERY OT: A Hilarious Recording Diary

Fictional? I\'m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and suspend my disbelief.

Plus, I spent 8 months as an assistant in an LA studio, and I can absolutely believe that this kind of craziness (and worse) goes on all the time.

But either way, I\'m glad you find it entertaining. Mixerman definitely has a talent for telling a story.

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    One way you can tell he hasn\'t written that much fiction, however, is that certain events are telegraphed a bit too obviously.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve been enjoying it as good soap opera. I\'m curious (and lazy) -- would you point out the places where he telegraphs upcoming events?

In this case, I don\'t think telegraphing is necessarily indicative of fiction. Remember that these posts are collected from MM\'s notes on the sessions, so they\'re written in hindsight. So it\'s not surprising that he occasionally writes about an event and includes a hint that the event has some future ramification.

Regardless, as I read his stuff, I\'m either cracking up, or gritting my teeth in sympathy. These \'memoirs\' are a great distraction [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum