• Register
  • Help

Topic: World Winds anyone?

Share/Bookmark

World Winds anyone?

Have any of you tried the World Winds collection from Ilio? Any insight into it\'s handiness?

Thanks!

J-

Re: World Winds anyone?

If you do a search of the archive you\'ll find a few threads about it. I remember reading a lot of positive comments a year or so ago.

I have used the World Winds on a couple of projects with great success. Actually had a violinist ask who had played the Uillian pipes.

Also used the Bansuri and the Pennywhistle on records with very convincing results.

The sounds are all dry and mono, but don\'t let that throw you. A little verb and they sound really good. I set up keyswitch program in my EXS24 (I bought the Akai version). With a little practice, you can start to play very natural sounding lines with different articulations.

I\'ve also found the phrases included to be very useable.

Total thumbs up from me!

I have the library as well, and have used it quite a bit. I have worn out the duduk and fujara samples. Very good multisample setups. To me, it seems like the phrases are very limited for the most part, especially the fujara. Good sound quality overall.
    Tim

Sounds good. I think I\'ll order soon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

LHall - you here in Nashville?

J-

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Have any of you tried the World Winds collection from Ilio? Any insight into it\'s handiness?

Thanks!

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Important note. This is in the Akai format, so it needs to load into a program that will bring the programming with it, not just the samples.

According to Ilio, the SConverter on GigaStudio brings in the programming, or you can use Translator or CDXtrack to convert the Akai into the Giga format or whatever else you want it in.

Is this programming giga programming or just the basic Akai programming? I\'ll likely load it into EXS - or kontakt - both. So far the EXS\' built in translators have worked pretty well for me. Any feedback on this peter?

J-

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Is this programming giga programming or just the basic Akai programming? I\'ll likely load it into EXS - or kontakt - both. So far the EXS\' built in translators have worked pretty well for me. Any feedback on this peter?

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Basic Akai.

Yes, you cannot go wrong with \"World Wind!\" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J. Whaley,

Yes I am here in Nashville. Just outside Nashville to be technical about it. I can be reached at LarryHall12@comcast.net

Go Back to forum