• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale, ARIA, Kontakt.

Share/Bookmark

Finale, ARIA, Kontakt.

I ask this question after spending over 3 weeks communicating with Soundiron, Kontakt and Finale company reps.

I have been using Finale 2014 and ARIA with Garritan samples for years. I love them. I have every sample package they ever made.

There were indications that Garritan would eventually produce a choral package capable of singing a typed text, but it would seem that after several years that particular miracle is not soon coming. I now NEED such software for a business venture. But nothing currently available will work with ARIA.

So, I decided to invest in Soundiron's Olympus choral software. However, Soundiron advises that for full use capability it must be used with full Kontakt.

Here comes a major issue: Finale advises that it can be used with Kontakt, but it has a LOT of major programming issues. Definitely not plug and play.

Is anyone here using Soundiron, Kontakt and Finale together with success?

Actually, any helpful input would be highly appreciated.

Tom

Re: Finale, ARIA, Kontakt.

Hi,

Using Kontakt inside of Finale is certainly possible. I have used the Indepenence plugin as well as Kontakt. However, these instruments really can be regarded simply as MIDI players when used inside of Kontakt, that is, Velocity is volume in this configuration. You would have to do a lot of customization to make the Human Playback work, and in the end you will not be satisfied really with the result. Garritan and Finale really do work together. Pretty much everything else is a standard MIDI player.

So, I would highly recommend you work as much as you can in Finale then switch over to a DAW if you can especially for the Choir work. Finale will drive you nuts for this.

My $0.02

Jim

Re: Finale, ARIA, Kontakt.

Jim,

Your 2 cents are highly appreciated. I have repeatedly tried to use DAW; so far with no luck. I just don't seem to grasp the concept.

Tom

Go Back to forum